What's new

JACK AND THE BEANSTALK - 70th Anniversary Restoration! (1 Viewer)

Gary16

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
They were both independent productions. From what I gather, Bud's company made KIDD and Lou's produced JACK. Both titles ended up at RKO which is why KIDD is back at WB, and JACK would have had the same fate had the copyright not lapsed.
Thanks. Warner Archive did do a new transfer of “Captain Kidd” a few years ago to upgrade the disc which looks better but of course not anywhere close to what you could do.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
I’m the one who found those three color (red, blue and yellow) separation masters and arranged for them to go to the UCLA Archive.

The Warner Arcive release is basically a quick one-light transfer of a composite element from the seps that needed a lot of work. Yes, it can look much better!

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Today is Bud Abbott's birthday and I want to announce a very exciting project.

Production began on July 9, 1951 at the Hal Roach Studios on Bud and Lou's first color feature film. To commemorate the 70th anniversary, I am thrilled to announce a deluxe 70th anniversary restoration of JACK AND THE BEANSTALK!

JBHi-Res2000-web.jpg

You will once again have an opportunity to help us with certain aspects of this restoration and more details will be announced very soon. We've already begun work on scanning 35mm archival materials, including the only surviving 35mm color camera negative footage!

beanstalk1.jpg

This deluxe Blu-ray and DVD will be released next summer by ClassicFlix and will be loaded with outstanding bonus features. We already have A&C expert Ron Palumbo on board to provide another fascinating commentary track. Rest assured, this will truly be THE definitive restoration of the first color Abbott and Costello film.

Fear nothing; if you liked our work on AFRICA SCREAMS, you're going to love our restoration of JACK AND THE BEANSTALK!

Untitled-24.jpg
God, I hope it'sbetter than VCIs restoration...I was very disappointed, useually VCI does a wonderful job, but the outfit that VCI farmed it out to just did a fair but not great job, which was what I expected from VCI. So it was a bit of a disappointment!! All the best, I'd definatly take a chance and appreciate your other titels. Full speed ahead!!!

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I wish I could have heard about the kickstarter roll call sooner, I would have jumped at the chance to suppor the cause!!! Thanks Bob!! I'm looking forward to seeing the fruit of you and your teams labors!!
Yes its always good to support the kickstarters as it assures the funds for the restoration are available. You get the title sooner and sometimes extra bonuses. I supported Africa Screams, Jack and the Beanstalk and Abbott and Costello season 1. I believe season Season 2 will be hitting kickstarter soon. Can't wait.

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
Glenn Erickson with an update on our SuperCinecolor restoration of JACK AND THE BEANSTALK!

6750jack1.jpg
Hi Bob ! Wow ! :oops: Look at those Colors ! :D That looks Gorgeous ! ;) Never seen it that Nice. Can't wait to add it to my A&C Bluray Collection. Will it be released in the Summer sometime ? How about Season 2 of the TV Series ? Later this year sometime ? Thank You ClassicFlix, Bob, & David.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Thanks Rick, we are quite proud of this one!

Definitely a summer release for Beanstalk and season two will (most likely) be the fall. All the scans are done but we haven’t started restoration yet.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Gary “definitely looking forward to these releases” O.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Patrick, the Talking Harp has never looked better in his life.

Pre-orders for our new restoration of JACK AND THE BEANSTALK from ClassicFlix will be announced soon. The deluxe limited edition Blu-ray and DVD will be loaded with prime bonus extras!

patrick1.jpg

patrick3.jpg
Did Patrick the Talking Harp survive all these years?

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier

Pre-orders for our new restoration of JACK AND THE BEANSTALK from ClassicFlix will be announced soon. The deluxe limited edition Blu-ray and DVD will be loaded with prime bonus extras!

patrick1.jpg

patrick3.jpg
High Five Oh Yeah GIF by Kinda Funny
Excited Oh Yeah GIF

patrick1.jpg

patrick3.jpg
Oh Yeah Denyse Mitterhofer GIF by Denyse®

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks