What's new

JACK AND THE BEANSTALK - 70th Anniversary Restoration! (1 Viewer)

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
View attachment 103372

now this is a step above, honestly I normally am a pure advocate for using the original poster art for releases, but sometimes lets just say that some of the poster art is lacking, this is an improvement on the original, while still capturing the essence of the film, also the bigger head on the smaller bodies is reminiscent of those early Universal sets that came out on DVD, oh so many years ago.

so stoked, this and Season 1 it's going to be a little laugh fest soon.
I Love that artwork ! :D That would make a Beautiful Cover for the Bluray. ;) Can we have it for Christmas ?

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Bob, this is a bit of an off topic, but with all the wonderful things you are doing for Bud and Lou, is there enough material that Thunderbean might have a Volume 2 of Rarities.

what a great release from You and Steve

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
With delivery of the two long delayed 4K scans from excellent 35mm SuperCinecolor prints, our painstaking shot-by-shot restoration work on JACK AND THE BEANSTALK has begun. Here's a photo of the computer monitor and just look at the quality on that frame of film. It is clean, sharp and gloriously vibrant in three-color Cinecolor!

Beanstalk-monitor.jpg

Even at this very early stage in the restoration process, I can tell you this film is going to look absolutely fantastic and miles better than any version that you have seen before!

Looks a lot better than the version that played on TCM recently
IMG_1628.JPG

with it's changing colors
IMG_1629.JPG

IMG_1630.JPG

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
the version on TCM looked like they used the same bad transfer all the cheap public domain releases have used.
I Never saw a Nice print of this film. :( I'm sure the ClassicFlix release will be the Best ever. :D Look what they are doing to the Little Rascals shorts. :DThe A&C Show will also look Amazing when ClassicFlix releases it. :)
aaajack beanstalk.jpg

Last edited:

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Thanks Bob, I appreciate your dedication and commitment to the various projects. This A&C classic is one of my favorites. Putting the boys in a OZ like stiuation paried with a great music score helps to elevate this classic!! I look forward to adding this remastered blu-ray to my collection. The Pied Piper of Hamelin 1957 with Van Johnson is another one for your loving hands to bring back to life!!
MV5BOTNiNmUyMzItZWViMC00Nzk3LTliZDAtZThmNTIxYTU2ZTQ2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDY4MzkyNw@@._V1_.jpg

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
I've just posted this update on the Kickstarter campaign.

We are making very positive progress on the restoration. Work is tedious and painstaking so we don't have a definite completion date locked-in just yet. Everyone on the team wants to do their very best on the preservation rather then rush it through. I will certainly let you know as soon as we get closer to the finish line.

I will say this much; I have seen copies of this film since the late 1960s when I used to watch it in black and white over WOR channel 9 in New York. I have never before seen it look and sound as good as it does now. You are going to be very pleased with the restoration and even though it's been delayed (please see the previous updates) the wait to get access to these superior 35mm elements has been SO worthwhile!

NY-April-11-1966.jpg

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo

We are making very positive progress on the restoration. Work is tedious and painstaking so we don't have a definite completion date locked-in just yet. Everyone on the team wants to do their very best on the preservation rather then rush it through. I will certainly let you know as soon as we get closer to the finish line.

I will say this much; I have seen copies of this film since the late 1960s when I used to watch it in black and white over WOR channel 9 in New York. I have never before seen it look and sound as good as it does now. You are going to be very pleased with the restoration and even though it's been delayed (please see the previous updates) the wait to get access to these superior 35mm elements has been SO worthwhile!

NY-April-11-1966.jpg
Now what about A and C Meet Captain Kidd?

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

Once again, thank you Bob! I so appreciate your love and advocacy for the Boys!

Gary "now if we could just get WB to care about the remaining films they have that need restoration" O.

DVBRD

Second Unit
Real Name
Andy
Bob, You do great work. I’ll take every A&C you can put out there. Just wondering how Warner owns Capt. Kidd but not Jack since they released both of them. Keep up the great work.
They were both independent productions. From what I gather, Bud's company made KIDD and Lou's produced JACK. Both titles ended up at RKO which is why KIDD is back at WB, and JACK would have had the same fate had the copyright not lapsed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks