What's new

JACK AND THE BEANSTALK - 70th Anniversary Restoration! (1 Viewer)

Yeoman007

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rick
Noel, I guess you missed Africa Screams? 3D Film Archive explained doing 2D movies on their website.

Noel Aguirre

Supporter
Real Name
noel
Ok just bad grammar I suppose.
Advertising it as The Definitive Blu-ray Restoration by 3D Film Archives makes more sense and would have spared my confusion and not required me to Google all over the web as I’m not familiar with the Abbott and Constello canon.

Mark B

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mark
Hey, Krupp -

20201023_133916.jpg

Yeoman007

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rick
Bob, I'm in for the Captain Kidd frame! Are the Blu-rays and DVDs above the $75 pledge level autographed also? If not, you may want to add that option in other levels.

Rick

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
It’s promoted as a 3D film archive blu-ray restoration but not a 3D film?
Um Ok?

Like Africa Screams, it's (Hal Roach) public domain, which means that anybody can restore it. Especially A&C fans who know how to restore prints.
Still, if PD restorations is going to become a thing, it could use a new less-confusing brand-name division of the 3DA.

And it's a favorite of mine too (Lou always had an urge to do kiddy entertainment), so it'll be nice to see the Technicolor half in its proper colors for once.
And why was I unafraid to support it? Because I FEAR NOTHING, when I am IN THE RIGHT! :D

Last edited:

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
We're doing the restoration so it WILL be restored and properly released!

I wasn't disputing that fact, quite to the contrary, my copy of Africa Screams is proof, along with the other 19 releases that have come out. waiting on Wings of the Hawk and the upcoming release of Dynasty of which I am a contributor , is another, the up coming ( hopefully backed Our Gang from your releasing partner Classic Flix. Honestly i am thankful that this helping to contribute to restorations exist, and that people are passionate to help, I know that i am, because i would like for future generations to have a correct reference to see these as they were meant to be seen or as close as possible.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
It's all good Dana and thank you for your support.

Check out today's update for the first stretch goal. We only need to sell 15 more copies of the Blu-ray to make it happen!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks