JA Audio

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by RobertDO, Aug 13, 2005.

1. RobertDO

RobertDO Auditioning

Has anyone had any experience with JA Audio products, especially their 12" Down Firing Subwoofer? It is rated at 20Hz but the amp is only around 150 watts. Thanks for your help.

2. RobertDO

RobertDO Auditioning

"Bump"

3. John S

John S Producer

http://www.jaaudiousa.com/ja-audio-p...-ja-ss12b.html

This one? Looks interesting......

I'd have to see this one tested. Hard for me to believe that thing is not rolling off hard at 20hz, but they add a +5db boost at 20hz, I sure cannot see it delivering refernce type levels in all but the smallest of rooms. You have to be carefull of such claims too, as to how much real output they are talking about, not just how flat it is.

4. RobertDO

RobertDO Auditioning

Thanks for your response John. That's the one I am talking about. My room is roughly 14x28. Do you think it would do OK in a room that size.

5. Nathan W.

Nathan W. Stunt Coordinator

I'd steer away from any company that doesn't even provide one single phone number for contact. Plus, I believe the name "JA Audio" was chosen because it sounds like the well respected "JL Audio" name (JL makes car audio products).

I once bought a 15" Merak sub from Ubid that turned out to be total crap. But I turned it into a beast by replacing the amp and driver with good quality Dayton components from Parts Express and now use the sub at work. At least I didn't have to throw away the enclosure, TOO. So if you get that sub and it turns out to be a hunk 'o' whale s*#t, do what I did and turn it into an upgrade project.