J&R SACD & DVD-Audio Player Sale

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bill Will, Apr 8, 2002.

1. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

Just received a flyer from J&R www.jandr.co 1-800-221-8180 and they have the Sony DVP-NS500V SACD on sale for $199.99 & the JVC XV-SA75GD DVD-Audio for $229.99 Just thought I'd pass this on & I listed a few more of there sale items under "Coupons & Bargains"

2. GeorgeC

GeorgeC Agent

Bill,

One of the Best Buys near me now has the JVC 95GD (7-disc DVD/DVD-A) player for $279, and the Sony 650 (5-disc DVD/SACD) for $249. Very big price drops (or sale prices - it's hard to tell which). But then they just raised their price on the Sony 775 (5-disc SACD) which they just dropped to $179 back to $339, I think.

Doesn't mean every Best Buy knows about these price drops (and raises), but it's worth checking if you're interested.

3. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Bill, those are great prices on the Sony and JVC players. I haven't evaluated the JVC player in terms of sound or picture quality, but the build quality is noticeably better than what I have seen with other JVC players. In that respect, the JVC players in question looks like a bargain. It seems that many here have been impressed with the picture quality provided by the JVC player in progressive-scan mode.
    Things sure have changed in the world of high-resolution audio in the last year. To think you can now get both formats and progressive-scan video output for under $500. If I were buying into both formats with that budget in mind, I'd get the Sony SCD-CE775 instead of the 'NS500V since I'd be getting DVD playback with a DVD-Audio player anyway. That way, I'd have a carousel changer too. Life is good. [​IMG]