J. J Abrams has two new Projects coming up...

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Mikel_Cooperman, Jan 22, 2004.

1. Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman Producer

Mikey
    I dont know if Grunberg is write to anchor a series but we'll see.
    Lost, if done right could be good or it could be a Gilligan's Island.

THE CATCH (A.K.A. UNTITLED J.J. ABRAMS PROJECT) (ABC) - J.J. Abrams' bounty hunter drama has been given the green light to produce a pilot. The project, which stars Greg Grunberg ("Alias"), is expected to be considered for midseason 2005 as the prolific producer will focus on "Lost" (see the story below) first before moving on to "The Catch."

LOST (ABC, New!) - J.J. Abrams ("Alias") and Damon Lindelof ("Crossing Jordan") are set to team for a new drama at the Alphabet which follows a group of people stuck on a Pacific island and are forced to build a new society after surviving a plane crash. The project is actually a revamped take on "Nowhere," a drama from executive producer Aaron Spelling and writer Jeff Lieber, which ultimately did not go forward. ABC has ordered a pilot and six additional scripts for the new project, which comes from Touchstone Television, with Abrams and Lindelof will executive producing. The producers plan to shoot the pilot, as well as the series should it go forwad, on location

2. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Cinematographer

That's all well and good...I just hope he doesn't start to ignore ALIAS too much, it's a great show that's just finally starting to catch on in ratings that ABC is happy with...I would hate to see the quality dip at all...

Both seem mildly interesting, and since I liked Felicity and Alias, if give them a shot should they get picked up [​IMG]

3. Thomas H G

Thomas H G Screenwriter

I concur with RR.

Don't let Alias go down the drain.

Other than that, I'll check out anything JJ attaches his name to.

4. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden Producer
    Reviewer

Kenneth McAlinden
    Just curious, but is there any word yet on who will be playing the Ginger and Mary-Ann roles on "Lost"? Also, who will be playing the pilot's hapless "Little buddy"?

Regards,

5. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

I guess this means Agent Wiess will get taken out in the near future of Alias. [​IMG]

6. Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman Producer

Mikey
    Maybe they will get Keri Russell for one of the girls on the "Lost" show.
    It would make sense since shes been on one of JJ's other shows.