What's new

I've waitied way too long for Indiana Jones DVD's (1 Viewer)

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
oh, come on...theyre great..whats not to like about them?
Nothing, but there are plenty of other good films out there whose producers aren't so eccentric about DVD releases as Lucas.

Note that I said "Lucas". This isn't a Spielberg issue. With a few exceptions, his films and those of his production company (Amblin) are well-represented on DVD.

M.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I'd love to have the Indy Trilogy on DVD, but I'd like to see Lucasfilm/Paramount do it right.

There's too many DVD's out there that reveal what happens when a DVD is a rush job.

StephenA

Screenwriter
I'd like the Indy trilogy too. But the the thing is, is getting Spielberg, Lucas, and the studio together to do it right. It'll take a while, especially since Lucas is doing the prequel trilogy. Took him long enough to get TPM on DVD.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
The only catalogue DVD's I drool over more are the Star Wars DVD's.
Speaking of which, I've waited way too long for these films on DVD.
[rant on]
Seriously, it's sad that, for those of us that have never owned LD, the only way we can view the original trilogy is via VHS Widescreen.
I was able to tolerate the Widescreen VHS renderings for my Star Wars fix until I acquired TPM on DVD. Now it brings tears to my eyes to have to go back to that sad analog format for the OT.
Lucas needs to understand that there are millions and millions of DVD owners who have never owned a LD player. Most of these "early adopters" of the DVD format are going to be Star Wars fans due to the way the demographics skew. (Actually, it's not so "early" anymore!) And many of these DVD owners are not going to be willing to wait until 2006 (or "whenever") for the OT on DVD. More than ever, we need a "Basic Release" of these films to tide us over until the "Definitive Versions" are ready.
[/rant off]
Well ... I feel better now ...

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor
I've got all three on widescreen laserdisc. They look as good as some current dvd releases. I'd rather they take there time on the dvd's and put out the best DAMN dvd box set on EARTH!

Robert Dunnill

Second Unit
Seriously, it's sad that, for those of us that have never owned LD, the only way we can view the original trilogy is via VHS Widescreen.
Not that long ago, e-tailers like Ken Crane's were trying to unload the THX versions for $10 apiece. I hear they finally gave up and destroyed their remaining inventory.

I grabbed two sets while the going was good. As for LD players, used ones can be had for cheap via eBay.

RD

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
Its been so long since I last saw any of the Indiana Jones films they will feel like new releases when the DVDs are released.

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Everyone has been waiting too long too see certain much loved films on DVD. The difference between your films & mine are that you know that the Indy Trilogy will be on DVD withen the next year or 2. I don't have that luxury.

I've been waiting too long for:

In Cold Blood

Curse of the Demon

Freaks

Devils, The

Conformist, The

Leopard, The

King of Comedy

& many others that I haven't a clue on when, or if, they will be released on DVD.

I guess what I'm trying to say that try not to get too upset over this. Be comforted by the fact that the Indy Trilogy will eventually be out on DVD in probably a great special edition box set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks