What's new

I've seen a lot of bad football, but the Dallas Cowboys really stink up the joint. (1 Viewer)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
The Dallas Cowboys offense plays a brand of football that should be banned from the league. I mean, they are really terrible. I'm watching the Eagles-Cowboys game tonight, and the Cowboys offense has been absolutely horrid. Note that I am not an Eagles fan, just a football fan. If I am Bill Parcells, I'm not sure I take this head coaching job...if it is offered to me.

Paul O

Stunt Coordinator
Is Quincy Carter still around? Seems like they were more competitive when he was the QB.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Paul, I'm not sure why the Cowboys are going with Hutchinson. I also don't know why Emmitt is spending so much time on the bench.
Newsflash: The Cowboys scored! Whoo-hoo! :rolleyes

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Which is why Jones is trying to woo Bill Parcells back to coaching the Cowboys.

Crawdaddy

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I cannot imagine why Parcells would take the Cowboy job with Jerry Jones still acting as GM. Parcells seemed like he was campaigning for the job in an interview on ESPN last night, when he said that he did not need to have complete control. Of course, he also said that would be the case only if there was someone competent making personnel decisions. Jones certainly does not fit that criteria.

Parcells could have any NFL job opening he wants, so why put up with Jerry Jones?

Dallas is one of the worst teams in the league, but they do have competition in the Bungals (of course), the Lions, the Panthers and the Cardinals. I'll give Houston a break, since this is their first year in the league. The 'Boys offense looks terrible, but the defense is quite good.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
The 'Boys offense looks terrible, but the defense is quite good.
That's exactly it. I have seen worse Cowboy teams than this one. Anyone remember Jimmy's first year as coach? That's right, 1-15.
Despite opinions to the contrary, I think Jerry Jones is a good owner, despite all the controversy he generates. Even Jimmy Johnson admits that Jones did not get involved in coaching type decisions while Jimmy was coach.
The Cowboys need to start rebuilding their offense. They can start by getting a quarterback!

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
At least you Cowboy fans have 3 recent Super Bowl Victories to look back upon. As a disgruntled lions fan I am left longing for the days of Wayne Fontes..

Brandon

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
The main issue with the Cowboys this year has been their O-Line. I sincerely doubt any quarterback worth his salt would be able to do much given their line.
I like Hutch as a QB. I think he'll be fine once they get a line together. They should be a high draft pick and a new Coach so perhaps they sign a Left/Right Tackle out of free agency or Draft pick and that should help out alot. An attitude change via a coach will help as well. With the way this league is you never know how good they might be next year.
At least you Cowboy fans have 3 recent Super Bowl Victories to look back upon. As a disgruntled lions fan I am left longing for the days of Wayne Fontes..
Hey atleast you got a new stadium.... :D

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
And they almost beat the Niners a few weeks ago. :) The Bengals beat the Saints today when the Saints needed a win to stay alive in the playoff hunt. Parity at it's best.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
I easily see Parcells clashing with Jerry Jones the way Jimmy Johnson did. Parcells needs control, regardless of what he said in the interview with Chris Mortensen on ESPN yesterday. Jerry Jones will not give him that control. As was said last night on ESPN, remember the quote that Parcells made when he was coach of the Patriots. If he is took do the cooking, he wants to shop for the groceries. I don't see Jerry Jones letting go of the reigns, even for a proven head coach like Parcells.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if Parcels would be offered a piece of the team. By the end of his coaching career, he was literally suffering poor health because of it. He also has nothing left to prove. There needs to be something special to entice him back into the arena.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
For now, sports fans in Dallas have to concentrate on round ball and hockey.

For the Cowboys, I can’t imagine that Jones will be able to hire a ‘control freak’ coach. And it seems as all of the great coaches fit into the control freak category.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks