What's new

I've joined the HT club (1 Viewer)

Paul Woody

Auditioning
Hi all,
Yes I have joined the club and am thus a newbie. Got to hate that :frowning:
My darling wife surprised me with a Panasonic DVD-RV31S for Christmas. Top wife that she is.
I have got it up and running and so far so good.
I currently only able to have it running in stereo as I do not have the rest of the gear at this stage. My tastes primarily run to Hi Fi rather than video. I told my wife I would replace my old Pioneer CD (PD-S904)with a DVD when the 904 blew up but it was not to be.
First listen out of the box, the RV31 is pretty impressive sound wise. My darling bought me a few music DVD's to soften the blow.
I have compared the RV31 to the 904 and even at this early stage the RV31 sounds tighter, has a better bottom end and the vocals are crisper.
I have a couple of questions for those in the know.
1. How long can expect the break in period to be, before the DAC settles down to its full potential.
2. I use to have a peice of marble (6 to 8kg)ontop of my 904 to add stability and to reduce any vibrations. The instructions for the RV31 say I should not have anything heavy on top. Can anyone recommend the 'fors' and 'against' for placing the marble on the RV31.
3. Are there any minor 'tweaks' I can do to improve the sound further.
This is my first post but certainly not the last.
Regards Paul.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks