What's new

I've Joined The Club (1 Viewer)

Lee M T

Second Unit
With the few questions I posted in here, the many times reading through posts, and my own little research and listening, I finally found my receiver! I purchased the Yamaha RX-V640 yesterday for $440. My old Pioneer finally died on me...it was the VSX604 I believe. It supposedly was rated at 150 watts in 2-Channel mode. The Yamaha is rated at 85 watts to all channels, including 2-channel mode obviously...and the Yammie has so much more power it is ridiculous.

The hardest part of finding a receiver was the fact that I wanted both component video ins/out and preamp outputs. That's hard to do when trying to stay in the general price range listed above. Onkyo, H/K, Denon, Marantz, and others wanted $799 or more to get that. Yamaha, Pioneer, and Panasonic were my only legitimate choices. I'm not fond of Sony and the Kenwood's have terrible comp video ins/outs Mhz. The Yammie just looked better to me and felt like it was built better. Subjective though, I know. I definately liked the look of the layout on the backside between the Yammie and Pioneer (912 model). The Pio just seem sort of sloppy.

Anyhow, I still have plenty of more playing to do.

I cannot wait until I can replace my front speakers and then start adding the surrounds!

Thanks for the help I received around here!

Lee

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks