What's new

I've had a headache for over a week now... (1 Viewer)

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
Well, I've had a dull headache for well over a week now. I'm starting to worry that maybe I have a brain tumor. Its mostly in the front and top of my head, into my eyes. I think its a sinus headache, because people in my department have been sick, but the strange thing is, my nose is not stuffy and I'm not sick in any other way. I've taken some over the counter sinus medication, but it really doesn't do anything. Does anyone have any suggestions, opinions on what might be the problem?

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
I'd pay a visit to a local ENT (ear, nose and throat).

I've had headaches like that before that turned out to be the preface to a cold. My sinus headaches have always been like that; dull and highly annoying.

But if you're worried (and who wouldn't be?) go see a neurologist and perhaps get a catscan performed.

I'm sure a physician on this forum will see your question and possibly give advice.

Good luck

Gary Hensley

Stunt Coordinator
Paul,

I just got over the exact same thing you described. When I get sick it is nearly always a chest cold or some sort of sinus problem but not this time. I am feeling great again though so chances are it is some type of bug going around.

Bill Harada

Stunt Coordinator
When I get those I take some Sudafed and Advil. That usually takes care of any sinus related headaches.
Earlier this year I had a burst type headache at the top/back of the left side of my head. I'd get a sharp stabbing pain that would last 5-10 seconds then disappear completely. It'd come back every 2-5 minutes. It went on for a couple of days and scared me enough to get my GP to schedule a CT scan for me. The scan turned up negative, and ultimately turned it out to be a case of shingles. Never thought I'd ever feel relief in being a blistered mess for two week. :D
When dealing with headaches it's always better to be safe than sorry.

Stephen_Opipari

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Stephen
Sounds like a sinus infection to me. Probably in the upper sinuses above the eyes. Used to get infections like that all the time and only have a headache as a symptom. Finally had the sinuses roto-rootered and have not had any notable sinus problems for the past year and a half.

StephenK

Stunt Coordinator
I can't believe no one's done this yet but.....

"It's not a tooomaaahh"

In all seriousness, glad to hear it's better.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks