I've got a question/problem with my new XBR910.....

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Danny Beck, Feb 13, 2004.

1. Danny Beck

Danny Beck Stunt Coordinator

I'm hoping someone can clear my mind for me because my new XBR910 is making me nervous. Ok, so i've now got about 10 hours of time on my new tv. So far i've had this problem occur twice and i'm wondering what the heck it is and why it's happening.

While watching a tv show last night the tv suddenly made a buzz sound. Almost like it was turning on and it's degauss sound. The screen image even juttered a tiny bit. This happend once the day I got the set after it had been on for an hour or so and it happend again last night. It doesn't seem to be a huge problem obviously but i'm just hoping it's not the sign of a bigger problem in the works. Please help.

2. Mark:F

Mark:F Stunt Coordinator

Only help I've got, had my 910 3 months and its never had this problem. There's another thread here that goes into how some TVs will do the degauss thing, but I'd advise not to let this problem linger...have the TV checked out.

3. Danny Beck

Danny Beck Stunt Coordinator

I found the thread. Thanks.

4. Mark:F

Mark:F Stunt Coordinator

Good, I did a search for degauss and came up with several threads, couldn't even tell which one I had seen before. As you can see they mostly involve speaker interference.

5. Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer Producer

Sony sets only deguasse during initial turn-on, and then only if they've been unplugged for 20 minutes or so. The process will never take place while you're watching something.