What's new

I've got a new dog! (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
@Radioman970 I am glad you’ve retained room in your heart for another dog after losing one. Not everyone can do that. As far as replacing a previous pet, read my signature for understanding what you are really doing. :thumbsup:

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I'll post more about Bucky, he's here, he's shy, but he is so wonderful. quiet as a mouse, trouble free. Loves my bathroom all fixed up for him. safety room, like the rescuers suggested. Pictures this weekend, and a few of little Twinkle too. I want her on the internet to be remembered. One note, Zoey (picture above) was adopted by someone shoe lives on 4 streets up from me! :eek: small world or what! I might see her at the park. Man I hope so. "Hey lady I almost got yer dog!" then they run away screaming. "wait! wait! I only meant...!" lol

I'm such a big fan of George Carlin and understand his dog jokes. They are funny but I wonder if he actually believed all that. I bet he's more like JImmy Stewart on JOhnny Carson that time about losing a dog. George's comment about dogs dying and you get another, constant supply, like all those moments you had were worthless. Sorry George, I don't buy it. :D I've had these stray cats for about 3 years. They are very different. One disppeared last year. He was sweet and treated us like his best friend. He had eye site problems so I called him Blur. I know! I felt guilty. That became Blur-thah-lah-mile. Still not right. Finally, it was Keeblur. Perfect name! I wish I could have gotten him fixed to keep him from roaming. I know he's no longer living. When he'd go away and come back he treated us like family he was missing while gone. the old cat stereotypes are funny too but not true for all cats. Several of mine thanks me for the bits of food I put out.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Introducing BUCKY!

His first day. LOVES the backyard. I missed a pic of him sitting back there at the fence all smart looking as birds were chirping. We have lots of squirrels that play up and down tall pines. Some mornings up to 6 deer will pass by.
2020 0719 bucky 4.jpg

He put on this sweet face for a few seconds. Glad I captured it. He was very shy and reserved but now he's more comfortable. His shyness is actually kind of funny. He moved into the bathroom ("BUCKY'S LIL APARTMENT!") and that's where he'd run to when he got scared. Sometimes he'd sit outside of the door in the hall and was so darn cute!
2020 0719 bucky 5.jpg

His eyes are light brown, light mocha. This picture doesn't do them justice. Border collie eyes are usually intense but his are sweet and loving.
2020 0719 bucky 6.jpg

(I forgot to capture pictures from video of Twinkle. Those are coming soon)

Last edited:

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
BUCKY!

His favorite room is the bedroom now. He mostly moved out of his apartment after making friends with Honey Bun. I used to have to carry him to the backyard since he was afraid Honey Bun might be in the kitchen. lol
2020 0719 bucky 7.jpg

I don't THINK he's tired of all the picture takin? lol I picked up 3 blankets for him at the Goodwill Store last week for about $20. A bleach wash later and they are like new. He's liking his Baskin Robbins spread!
2020 0719 bucky 9.jpg

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Little Twinkle. Sure miss her.

I should have taken her to my vet immediately. They could have checked her out, scanned for a microchip. Tracked down who did this to her. :(
2020 0719 twinkle 2.jpg

Good night sweetheart. :(
2020 0719 twinkle 1.jpg

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
He's getting so much better now. He pushes through the box on the front of the bathroom so he's just out. Box gone for now. I removed the blanket since there are 2 in the bed room and he might like to use the tile in there more.

He destroyed 2 toys today, Kayla's pink pig named Arnold (don't tell her!) and a ball that was his. I gave him several that look indestructible. Will report later ! lol I'll get some chew sticks. Been a while for a chewer with me. Bear, Goldie, Scooter allllll chewers early on. I just hope he stays with doggie things! I won't name any of his toys, maybe squeeky 1, squeeky 2, chewy 1, chewy 2

He watched TV for the first time. Hilarious! He looked terrified. I have some video after I remembered I should be recording! will post some time in future. Gona make a short film out of that.

Last edited:

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
something I forgot. He still hasn't made a noise. no barking or anything. tiny bit of rustling when he walks and little jingling of his tags but nothing else. I was scratching his chest just now and I think I heard a happy whimper. that's about it. :D

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
We don't have a "horsies" thread....

I've made friends over the fence with some of the horses in my neighborhood. It's always given me pause how skittish they can be. They are a huge animal that outweighs me by 400 lbs. Do humans really have that bad a reputation?

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
We don't have a "horsies" thread....

I've made friends over the fence with some of the horses in my neighborhood. It's always given me pause how skittish they can be. They are a huge animal that outweighs me by 400 lbs. Do humans really have that bad a reputation?
Name an animal and we’ve abused it.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
One dog was smart enough to be friendly towards a cat while another dog messed with that same cat in the wrong way.:laugh: Man, that cat reminded me of a cat we had in my youth that wouldn't allow any dog to enter our yard without confronting it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks