I've got a new dog!

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
thank you. She did lay across my lap several times making Kayla jealous. I was glad I could give her something. I was keep a video diary. I really thought I'd look back on that years from now when she was gray. I'll post pictures next time I'm up to it. She doesn't make the best impression because of the abuse. But she was sweet and not afraid of any of us, even big honey bun. :)

Reactions: ChristopherG

Mike Frezon

Premium
I was glad I could give her something.
You didn't just give her something, James...

You gave her love. And a chance. And hope.

You went above and beyond. But it jut wasn't meant to be, I guess. But you still gave her what she needed at the time which was loving care. God bless you for having such a large heart.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I was looking at the video and it shows a sick little pup. :( She was abused by some terrible people who threw her away like trash. I failed her too by not taking her to the vet at least Friday. I feel horrible about it. Some is hindsight i know, but I really did think some rest and tlc getting her to drink and eat would work and seemed to up until I found her gone. I'm just one of those that thinks dogs are better than most and equal to the rest of people.

This experience does make me want to add a third to my group. Kayla just had dental, she's happy and crunching kibble again. Honey still has troubles walking, occasional diarrhea (got to watch the canned food snacks, but she loves the pumpkin mixed in with it, the dose of pepto not so much, heh heh). Her cancer hasn't really come up much as far as breathing. I'm trying to get moved into a house soon (within a year or so) and wanted to wait until things were all set first. but... and mom would laugh at this but she don't know! .. I was scanning the rescue sites. there's a border collie an hour away from me. has the same expression as Scooter had. The description calls him shy. Just the way Scooter was until Bear taught her attitude. She became a hilarious bossy butt. Nothing like altering a shy abused creature into a life loving four legged fun machine! that was scooter.

Here's Buck. I'm thinking he's already adopted though. I've yet to visit our own shelters.

Attachments

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I just filled out their application. Hopefully they will get back to me. I will go get Buck if he's still there. :)

was looking at their facebook posts and they have had some terrific dogs adopted out!

Jeffrey D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Great pictures, Mike, but why is Ernie on the opposite side of Pete in the Autumn photo? Was he being difficult on that day?;)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
that was a really great idea.

I have a set of pictures of Goldie (1997-2008) on my table I made after she died of cancer. I think these pictures were from a roll of film I found in a drawer a few years after. First picture is from a distance her looking out the big front window. Next a lot closer. Then the last you can see a gray rabbit on the ground outside the window.

Reactions: Peter Keller

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I hope you get Buck, he looks like a sweetheart.
I'm still biting my fingernails. I'm thinking somebody got him already. They're fees are kind of high at $150/$200 but they do a lot. All shots, on hw prev which means no double heartworm treatment like HOney Bun had to have...big ouch on that! but 10 years later... , also spay/neutered, etc. Would really like him and a toy poodle like Twinkle. It would be like having 3.1 dogs. :D

I'm amazed at how many pure breds are out there for adoption.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Great pictures, Mike, but why is Ernie on the opposite side of Pete in the Autumn photo? Was he being difficult on that day?;)
Yeah. He was being contrary!! :laugh:

The project was really Peg's idea. She saw some of my pix from our walks and said I oughta take one every time we go in exactly the same spot. I need to improve on getting the exact location and on always using the same exact shooting height. So it's a work in progress.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The latest addition to the wall at home.

Spring, summer, fall, winter.

Four 5x7 prints mounted in a "floating" frame.
They seem to enjoy spring and summer more than fall and winter. They look rather despondent in the latter pics.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I'm still biting my fingernails. I'm thinking somebody got him already. They're fees are kind of high at $150/$200 but they do a lot. All shots, on hw prev which means no double heartworm treatment like HOney Bun had to have...big ouch on that! but 10 years later... , also spay/neutered, etc. Would really like him and a toy poodle like Twinkle. It would be like having 3.1 dogs. :D

I'm amazed at how many pure breds are out there for adoption.
The adoptions fees vary by organization but as you’ve realized they are a bargain. The heart worm treatment can be very expensive. You’d pay a vet $150-$200 just for a spay/neuter.

Any news? Probably nothing until Monday. We had selected a dog we really wanted and didn’t get her. Then a couple weeks later an older dog was available and we can’t imagine not having her.

Jada:
1594486499675.jpeg

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
just a thought and it looks like the best way all around. My vet might hate that at first though. haha! But you know already Jada looks like a great fun time out on the road going to whatever you're going to and she's happy.

That nose ! Scooter would touch back of your arm above the elbow with her colder than cold wet nose to get you. I remember explaining that to mom and on cue scooter did it. it made you go "ooOOoooo!" lol I taught her to allow me to put my finger on top of her nose for a long period. I was watching video of that and it was so funny. One day I will get that on here to see. scooter was completely fussy and bossy and I told her I was going to touch her nose and she let me. She just stopped. :D

When Honey Bun first moved in I was messing with the mouse on my pc and she came over, put her nose under my wrist and flicked my hand off the mouse. That was hysterical! she'd keep doing it and it was always funny. I had to move my computer desk because of loud noises coming the window, really had to move the bed to get it away from the windows. Now she can't do that anymore. :(

I think they check all info carefully. I was going to call but I decided to wait. yep, I think monday they should contact.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I'm going to meet Buck tomorrow. :) He sounds like a real sweetheart. $175. And she said that is everything you need, shots, etc.

Another I was looking at, Zoey, is being adopted on Wednesday. I very glad about that. I think I'd like to get Buck settled in first. She said his formers, who surrendered him, said he'd chase the cat and they didn't like that. My collection of strays will be training him. Scooter actually did similar. I remember the last time she did that. She just moved toward one of them but just didn't have the energy. Miss her. Buck is not a replacement but he looks so sweet.

amazing dogs like this are there for the taking. Less than the price of their first vetting. You get told all about them.

Zoey I mentioned from above. I hope whoever got her treats her well:
zoey.jpg

Reactions: ChristopherG

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PhishHead00