I've got a new dog!

Mike Frezon

Premium
That was great, David! Thanks!

Pete & Ernie like the idea, too! :D

Quick story. That azalea shrub behind the dogs blooms for about a week each year...almost always on the local school's prom weekend. So we'd always take pix of our kids by that bush as they would head off to their festivities.

Obviously, this year, no proms. But nobody sent the shrub the memo.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Mike - I saw this and immediately thought of you. (I'm changing the code color so it doesn't look messy. Not sure how to make it work right)

More info here.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This is August. She was born on April 24, 2000. That’s right, she just turned 20, making her the oldest known golden retriever in the world. She’s received so many good girl noggin pats over the years her color has been rubbed off. We’re giving Augie the incredibly rare... 15/10 <a href="https://t.co/6QMNNn3aqA">pic.twitter.com/6QMNNn3aqA</a></p>&mdash; WeRateDogs® (@dog_rates) <a href="">June 27, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mike Frezon

Premium
Paul: I appreciate so much that you thought of me when you saw that! Peg and I are still trying to figure out how we can personally help more senior citizen golden retrievers. We want to actually move from our current home so that we can get a bit more land so that we can provide the proper amount of space for the dogs.

I had already seen that news about Augie! WHAT A FACE!

That pure white face on that golden body. I would just love to be able to go up to him and give him a good, gentle hug.
Ernest will be 12 this fall. 12 is as old as we've ever had one of our goldens live. Here's a recent shot of Pete and Ernie on one of our walks:

Ernie's doing pretty well for his age. He doesn't see real well...and has senior selective hearing. But he sure does LOVE his walks. And he's just been diagnosed with some kind of kidney problem because he's got way too much protein in his urine. And hypertension (probably part of the kidney disease). So we're trying to sort all that out.

August should give us all hope! :D

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Someone abandoned a sweet tiny puppy on the side of the road. "Twinkle" was with me 3 1/2 days. I was going to run her to the vet today but she didn't make it. After some time she was finally taking puppy milk replacement. I really thought she was looking up. But maybe there was a lot wrong with her. She was throwing up water and when she finally pooped it was very bad but not bloody diarrhea. Both smelled like chemicals. Before, I had bathed her she smelled a little bit of perfume and poop. She seemed like she needed rest and food. That why I didn't take her somewhere quicker. I combed the tangles out. And was going to wash her another time and when she was well cut her hair.

She was first out in the back yard. I looked out and she was on the the dirt with one leg stretching behind her. So cute. I took her to the front yard and she laid in the grass and rolled her head in it sweetly. She laid across my lap a few times in front of the TV making Kayla jealous.

I limited her time with my other 2. Honey has cancer and both are older. After the first diarrhea I kept her in the bathroom where she was sleeping, and brought her out to try and feed her and give water. Was so happy she was keep stuff down. But it wasn't meant to be.

I was feeling a little broken when I gave her a burial. Too close to Scooter's death too. Someone took a sweet playful puppy and turned her into that within months. I thought she would get well and I pictured her with me until she was very old and gray. I'm very angry. But I'm trying to leave that alone and be positive. I always keep an eye out for animal abuse. If I knew how to find who did this I would call the police. I wish I'd gotten this pup sooner. I'd soon be going home and making Kayla jealous some more.

So long little Twinkle. I shed years for you.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Sorry you and Twinkle had to go through this. I would like to commend you for trying and I know how important animals are in your life. You should at least try to take solace in that you gave that little pup some love and comfort in its short life.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
conradfan