I've gone old school crazy....

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by millercv, Oct 5, 2002.

1. millercv

millercv Second Unit

Realizing I had some extra $ in my Paypal account and recently completed the current set (x,ps2,gc) I decided to look on ebay for some of the older systems I used to have...
    I ended up buying:
    A N64 (never had one but they were selling for so cheap - wanted to see why everyone compares everything to Goldeneye) with 2 controllers, 2 rumble packs, the rom expansion thingy and the games: Perfect Dark, Conkers Bad Fur Day, and Goldeneye
    A NES W/ Excitebike, Mario/duckhunt, contra, and rbi (lets see was it l,r,l,r,u,d,u,d,a,b,a,b,sel,start [​IMG] )
    And have a bid on a Genesis w/ the SMS adapter that has a bunch of games (crossing finger I get it as that was my main fav old system . . .)
    Now I've got to start hunting down Castlevanias [​IMG] and oh the nightmare that will be hooking them all up (and I thought I was out of plugs before . . .

2. Travis Olson

Travis Olson Supporting Actor

Travis Olson

3. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

Select, Start was used for Player 2, at least on Contra.

I'm still looking for a good copy of Chryssalis for my fiancee. Wouldn't mind a ROM of it either.

4. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

I think select start was always printed (and quoted) but not needed.

And why do people always say it was up, down, up, down... "The famous NES code that I can still remember to this day"... incorrectly.

5. GlenHaag

GlenHaag Supporting Actor

I've been debating trying to piece together some of the consoles that I've never owned lately. Mainly, a Sega Master system, and possibly a 3DO. Although, I know my wife would never understand why I'd be buying them.
    I did have a spell a few years ago where I purchased just about every Tecmo Sports game that I could possibly find. That was money well spent. [​IMG]
    Glen

6. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

7. Brian E

Brian E Screenwriter

Those aren't old school. Old school is Pong, Atari 2600, Intelevision, Colecovision, etc. [​IMG]

8. millercv

millercv Second Unit

Well I already have a colecovision (Adam) and an Odyssey 2 [​IMG]

9. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

Actually, I lied. The one system that I'm mising that I'd still like to get is a Commodore 64. Oh well, at least we have emulators (off to play some Jumpman now...)

10. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

You've all got the Konami code wrong, SHAME

Up up down down left right left right b a b a (select) start

select for 2 players

River City Ransom, Super Dodge Ball, Alex Kidd in Miracle World, Ghost House(SMS Card) Missle Defense 3-D (need glasses and gun) Gangster Town, the original Phantasy Star 1,2,3,4, ToeJam & Earl (Hot Damn! 2.5 weeks to go!), umm, I'm sure I'll come up with more must haves if I think about it a bit

11. Danny Knapp

Danny Knapp Stunt Coordinator

SHAME ON ALL OF YOU! (EXCEPT JEFF!)

I've known that one for.....WHAT....over 11 years?!!?

I'm old.

12. GlenHaag

GlenHaag Supporting Actor

Chris.

I have a friend that is holding on to my Commodore 64 at this point. In fact I had two the last time I looked. I think I had the 2nd one just for parts.

That system was my primary game system for about 4 years from '84 to '88. Good times... good times.

Glen

13. millercv

millercv Second Unit

I guess one of the reasons the bug hit me was playing the new GBA castlevania. Such a good platformer - I realized that I really miss 2d [​IMG]
    Also gimme a sidescrolling shooter like R-type and 1942 anyday and I'll be happy!

14. John Chow

John Chow Second Unit

Although Jeff's code works, and seems to be the one I remember learning first, the other code works just as well. Since it requires less key presses, I would tend to think that it is the correct code. Perhaps as long as you enter in the first part correctly, you can input whatever you want afterwards and have no effect on messing up the code.

15. Rodrick

Rodrick Second Unit

I went back to my Microvision. It was so much like a gameboy but smaller screen and even harder to see. Imagine the cartridges and controllers each game came with.

I am wanting to sell my turboexpress for a Vectrex system. I have no turboexpress games though. I almost traded for a gameboy E adapter I thought that was a great deal at the time but too bad I turned away from that deal.

My cousin bought some genesis games for my Sega Nomad, but then still I don't own myself any games for my sega either, but know people that would lend me games for it. Where can I buy genesis games in Burnaby Vancouver area? My cousin just sold all his old game systems which were Genesis, Intellivision, Tomytronic, Entex plus, Sega Saturn and Atari 400 computer. I should have asked him for the cheap games he bought for the Sega.

What can I trade for a turboexpress w adapter, tv tuner, and no games. I want to keep my Nomad, and Gameboy sp. Will a Vectrex be a good trade, but then where do I get games? Even ebay doesn't sell games on its own.