What's new

I've fallen in love with a pit bull (1 Viewer)

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
The "Pet Psychic," as expected, spewed out some vague and useless hogwash, then didn't return my call when I requested further clarification.

It's hard to believe some people actually pay money for that crap.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Don't be ridiculous. I didn't pay her. :laugh:

I made it clear to her from the onset that I was asking her to donate whatever time she spent on Red.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the good laughs guys. Until today I had no idea there was such a thing as a pet psychic. I'm not sure what's more funny, that the thing exist or people actually go to it.

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Are you sure you don't mean a pet psychiatrist?

Because, a pet psychic ???
I mean, like .... Did she have tarot cards with paintings of medieval Lassie holding a sword :D

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
No, I mean psychic.

She claimed she was going to "tune in" to the dog. :rolleyes

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Now then....

Yesterday the woman who is in charge at the shelter where Red lives came into the pet store I work at.

She informed me that she feels that Red is ready to go to a foster home and that she would like that home to be mine.

Needless to say, I'm going to be taking Red home.

This is going to require a move and about $1500 (please don't ask where that figure comes from...not really an issue). I'm hoping to borrow some dough from my rather wealthy friend, but feel bad asking, because I already owe him $3000.

But there is another life at stake here and I have to do what's in my heart. In short, if I can't get the loan, the DVD collection is going to be up for sale here at HTF very shortly. DVDs can be replaced; there is only one Red.

That's about where it stands right now for those few of you who may still be interested.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
For the one or two of you who may still be interested, here's a little update...

Red has pretty much gotten used to the cats. In fact, one of my kitties, Velcro, pretty much has him licked. It's pretty funny.

I hope to have Red living with me by the end of March. There is only one remaining thing to test out and that is leaving him home alone to see how he reacts. If he manages that ok, he should be living with me soon. If not, I have a trainer who has volunteered to work with us free of charge.

James T

Screenwriter
If the dog gets lonely, you can try leaving the radio on when you leave the house. My dog used to howl out of lonliness whenever we were leaving. He doesn't need the radio anymore, since he just sleeps the whole day.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
The nice thing is that he doesn't have to be home alone all day. I work only 2 blocks away and get an hour for lunch, so I can easily go home and walk him.

There's also a product available called "Home Alone Anxiety Relief" by a company called Veterinarian's Best. It's completely herbal and is supposed to help take the edge off a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread