I've changed my mind.... what about 10" subs

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Shannon S., Feb 23, 2004.

1. Shannon S.

Shannon S. Stunt Coordinator

I recently posted asking about 8" subs out there. I have decided that since my bedroom stereo system may someday be integrated into a bedroom with tv and dvd player, that a 10" sub will probably be the way to go. Music is still my main priority though.
    Currently my eye has been on the HSU STF 2. What are some thoughts on this one? Also, I would love to hear some other recomendations. Thanks for all replies.

2. Rory Buszka

Rory Buszka Supporting Actor

The STF2 is a great way to break into high-quality bass without spending a lot. You get a similar price/performance ratio to SVS, but HSU has the smaller 8" and 10" models. SVS believes that the 12" woofer is the ideal transducer for their use. Anyway, I would say the STF2 is an excellent choice for someone in your situation not looking for something as big as an SVS. Having heard the HSU, it is quite powerful, clean, and accurate, and with noticeably deeper bass extension than the JBL and Infinity subs right beside it.

3. Dustin B

Dustin B Producer

I'd give the 10" on this page some serious consideration.

http://www.rutledgeaudiodesign.com/subs.htm

Dan Wiggins of Adire Audio (company that makes the driver used in this sub and Adire's Rava) has stated this little driver with 150W will match the performance of the much larger Rava (12", 250W and almost twice the enclosure size). For mainly music use in a bedroom this little sub would be exceptional.

4. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

Dustin, It's been a while since I looked at Brian's site (Rutledge Audio.) Man, those 10" and 12" cabinets look sweet. Love the RAD series. [​IMG]

5. Jesse Sharrow

Jesse Sharrow Supporting Actor

I have heard good things about the dayton 10". Dayton 10