I've been 16:9nd!

Discussion in 'Displays' started by BrionL, Jun 14, 2004.

1. BrionL

BrionL Stunt Coordinator

My Sony KF-42WE610 was delivered today and all I can say is that I'm very happy. After all these years I can watch my DVDs in anamorphic widescreen.

Anyone else have this model?

If not and you are looking for a 16:9 TV then seriously look at this one. The picture is amazing.

Brion

2. Tom#B

Tom#B Stunt Coordinator

Brion,

I see that you're in Iowa. If you don't mind me asking, where did you get that set and what did you pay?

Tom

3. BrionL

BrionL Stunt Coordinator

I bought it at Traviss Audio and Video. They are located on Douglas Ave. in Des Moines if you know where that is. If not you can call them at (515)254-1111.

They are selling the TV for under $2,500. That price includes free delivery in the Des Moines area, free setup, and a free warranty .

One thing though is you have to go in to get the price from them. They won't quote it to you over the phone because they don't want the competition to take away sales from them.

Check them out. They are very honest and great people to work with.

Brion

P.S. Remember to ask them about IXOS cable.

4. BrionL

BrionL Stunt Coordinator

I bought it at Traviss Audio and Video. They are located on Douglas Ave. in Des Moines if you know where that is. If not you can call them at (515)254-1111.

They are selling the TV for under $2,500. That price includes free delivery in the Des Moines area, free setup, and a free warranty .

One thing though is you have to go in to get the price from them. They won't quote it to you over the phone because they don't want the competition to take away sales from them.

Check them out. They are very honest and great people to work with.

Brion

P.S. Remember to ask them about IXOS cable.

5. Tim_Stack

Tim_Stack Second Unit

Congrats BrianL. I don't know about this model, is it rear-projection? DLP?

If it's rear-projection, be careful of burn-in. I was so excited when I got mine that I didn't pay attention to those wise souls who had posted about burn-in problems. I got it fixed, but just wanted to give you a head's up.

6. Tim_Stack

Tim_Stack Second Unit

Congrats BrianL. I don't know about this model, is it rear-projection? DLP?

If it's rear-projection, be careful of burn-in. I was so excited when I got mine that I didn't pay attention to those wise souls who had posted about burn-in problems. I got it fixed, but just wanted to give you a head's up.

7. BrionL

BrionL Stunt Coordinator

Actually it is a rear projection LCD TV. There is no burn in on this model which is one of the reasons I picked it.

Brion

8. BrionL

BrionL Stunt Coordinator

Actually it is a rear projection LCD TV. There is no burn in on this model which is one of the reasons I picked it.

Brion

9. StuartF

StuartF Extra

Brion,

I'm in the DSM area too. Did you have to order it? How long did you have to wait for it?

10. StuartF

StuartF Extra

Brion,

I'm in the DSM area too. Did you have to order it? How long did you have to wait for it?

11. BrionL

BrionL Stunt Coordinator

No, I didn't have to order it. They have them in stock. Just go in and ask about them. You can even bring in some DVDs to try out on the set.

Oh and to answer your next question, they can set up a time for delivery. You can even have it delivered same day if they have openings.

Hope this helps. Give them a call.

Brion

12. BrionL

BrionL Stunt Coordinator

No, I didn't have to order it. They have them in stock. Just go in and ask about them. You can even bring in some DVDs to try out on the set.

Oh and to answer your next question, they can set up a time for delivery. You can even have it delivered same day if they have openings.

Hope this helps. Give them a call.

Brion

13. StuartF

StuartF Extra

Actually, my next question was going to be, what kind of DVD player you have and how does the picture look? Do you notice any blurring or pixelation during fast motion? How do the edges of objects look, any ghosts or shadows? Name some DVDs you've watched on it for reference.

I will probably try to stop in there soon. Scott's across town also quoted a good price but have none in stock.

14. StuartF

StuartF Extra

Actually, my next question was going to be, what kind of DVD player you have and how does the picture look? Do you notice any blurring or pixelation during fast motion? How do the edges of objects look, any ghosts or shadows? Name some DVDs you've watched on it for reference.

I will probably try to stop in there soon. Scott's across town also quoted a good price but have none in stock.

15. BrionL

BrionL Stunt Coordinator

I have a JVC progressive scan DVD player.

Some of the movies I've watched are Fellowship of the Ring, Matrix Trilogy, Indianna Jones Trilogy, Episode 1 and 2, Citizen Kane, Guns 'N Roses Live in Tokyo, Spider-Man, Moulin Rouge(newer version), Trainspotting, Dragon Ball Z DVDs, 8 Mile, and a few others that escape my mind.

I haven't noticed any errors with any of the discs I've played on it. In fact there is a lot of fast scenes in SW Ep. 1 and 2 and the TV played them all flawlessly. I suggest that you grab some DVDs you want to check out on the TV and go over to Traviss and try them out. That helped me decide to go with the Sony. Good luck.

Brion

16. BrionL

BrionL Stunt Coordinator

I have a JVC progressive scan DVD player.

Some of the movies I've watched are Fellowship of the Ring, Matrix Trilogy, Indianna Jones Trilogy, Episode 1 and 2, Citizen Kane, Guns 'N Roses Live in Tokyo, Spider-Man, Moulin Rouge(newer version), Trainspotting, Dragon Ball Z DVDs, 8 Mile, and a few others that escape my mind.

I haven't noticed any errors with any of the discs I've played on it. In fact there is a lot of fast scenes in SW Ep. 1 and 2 and the TV played them all flawlessly. I suggest that you grab some DVDs you want to check out on the TV and go over to Traviss and try them out. That helped me decide to go with the Sony. Good luck.

Brion