Ivanhoe

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Antonio S, Apr 10, 2006.

1. Antonio S

Antonio S Stunt Coordinator

One of the great things about being at the beginning of this hobby, is that you get to watch those old favorites again.
    Last Saturday it was Ivanhoe. What a great movie.
    When the Black Knight took the field of combat, all those gripping emotions of my old childhood fantasy came flooding back. What a rush.
    I wish Warner Bros. would take a second look at this film and give it the same treatment that they did with The Adventures of Robin Hood.
    I was at the Warner site this A.M.. The reason for that was to see if they have a defective return policy.
    The disk has a skipping/freezing part at 00:17:56 - 00:18:20. Has anyone had experience with returning disks to Warner? Wondering if this is the best route or if I should return it to Amazon, where I bought it.
    Any thoughts or your experience is appreciated.
    Thanks, Tony...

2. Shawn Cornwell

Shawn Cornwell Stunt Coordinator

I voted for the release of Ivanhoe a year or two ago and was glad to finally see it on DVD. Few DVDs will probably ever look as good as Robin Hood, but Warners did a pretty good job. The film's still a treat, and Elizabeth Taylor (in a fine performance) is at her most beautiful.

3. Marvin

Marvin Screenwriter

Marvin
    I really liked the DVD. I had never seen this movie until recently when I caught part of it on TCM and decided to get the DVD.

Mine didn't skip or freeze. I've never tried or needed to exchange a disc from Warners. I think they had some manufacturing problems in the late '90s and there were a lot of posts about exchanging discs. Try doing a search on "DVD rot" or similar terms. I don't know how successful people were with the exchanges.

I would try contacting Amazon first. They would probably respond quicker.

4. Antonio S

Antonio S Stunt Coordinator

Thank you for your input, Gentlemen.
    The fact that you got a good copy is encouraging so I will return it.
    I'm thinking that if I send it back to Warner I may have a better chance of getting a good copy with no artifacts. Maybe I'll even get a discount on my next Warner purchase. I won't hold my breath, lol.
    If I return it to Amazon, I'll probably get it back quicker, but may be more of a crap shoot for a good copy.
    Next up for my weekend movie is Scaramouche. [​IMG]