What's new

Ivan Tors' OSI Trilogy (and Science Fiction Theatre)? (1 Viewer)

Jack Theakston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack Theakston
Is there any word as to plans for releasing the Ivan Tors O.S.I. trilogy, which included MAGNETIC MONSTER (1953), GOG (1954) and RIDERS TO THE STARS (1954)? These movies are too good not to be out. They were released through United Artists, but I've heard rumor that certain rights reverted back to Tors' eststate.

Also, will we EVER see a release of both seasons of SCIENCE FICTION THEATER? This breakthough series begs to be put out on DVD. The color, star power, and incredible-yet-realistic science fiction stories alone makes the show worth picking up and it's a shame that it's been broadcast on TV in only edited form.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
RIDERS TO THE STARS- didnt seem to have much sci fi or effects, but then, I saw it in 1962 on TV

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
I haven't seen Gog since i was a kid (I loved any film with robots in them), I'd love to see this released on DVD.

I have the Magnetic Monster on laserdisc but would pick it up if it ever came on DVD.

Jack Theakston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack Theakston
GOG played at the World 3D Expo several years ago. Before that, I had never realized that it was a 3-D movie. The depth in the film is great.

These films are far ahead of their time for having actual scientific fiction in them. Most of their facts are based around realistic scientific theories, and the horror based in them is all the more scary in that they are events that COULD actually happen.

That was the charm of SCIENCE FICTION THEATRE-- the stories were like Popular Science "what ifs?" and its eerie use of color really enhanced some of the stories.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I watched it when it originally came on and it scared the hell out of me.

There were certain character actors in certain episodes, that when I se them in old flicks, it brings back that scary feeling of seeing them again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks