What's new

iTunes update problem. (1 Viewer)

severett20

Grip
Real Name
Scott Everett
Hi all. I recently attempted to update iTunes on my desktop, however there was some unknown issue during this process & the iTunes program has disappeared. I still have the iTunes library file but iTunes itself is gone. I attempted to redownload iTunes but once I had, every time I tried to use it I get a message saying that something else was using this program so it would not open? I also tried to reset my PC to an earlier time slot but fixed nothing. I’m at a loss so any help would be appreciated.

On a separate note, I’m running windows 10 & when I attempted to download iTunes it seems I could only download it as an app on my system (which I hate) instead of the actual program, does anyone know if iTunes is only available in this format? I’m not very computer literate so once again any help is much appreciated.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Reboot, to help make sure nothing is running that is affecting debugging.

See if you can remove iTunes using the Windows Add & Remove Program’s feature (I think that’s what it’s called.)

I would then go to the Windows Store and install iTunes. You can download from Apple, but installing from the Store gives the exact same program, and it will be updated automatically through the normal Window Updates.

severett20

Grip
Real Name
Scott Everett
Reboot, to help make sure nothing is running that is affecting debugging.

See if you can remove iTunes using the Windows Add & Remove Program’s feature (I think that’s what it’s called.)

I would then go to the Windows Store and install iTunes. You can download from Apple, but installing from the Store gives the exact same program, and it will be updated automatically through the normal Window Updates.
I thought about trying that aswell but iTunes wasn’t listed in the installed programs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks