What's new

iTunes ripping question (1 Viewer)

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I have an audio book that is on 15 CDs and was wonder if it is possible to rip all the CDs into one big AAC file?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
There maybe some way to do that, but I don't think iTunes will do it. Do you really need it on one file? You could just convert each CD and name the titles sequentially, so they would play automatically in order.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Thanks for the links. That brought something to mind. I have started using LAME to encode mp3s instead of iTunes, but the iTunes interface for LAME (at least the one I have) does not let you join tracks that have no break between them. It would be a couple extra steps, but these apps will let me use LAME and join together the tracks which need it.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Well of course it is not a matter of life or death. Right now I simply combine all the tracks on an individual CD into one file and title it with the book’s title followed by (Disc ##). iTunes indexes them in order and it is ok but lately I have gotten some audio books that are one file and I find them to be immensely more convenient since they remember where the listener left off.

KevA, thanks for the links I will definitely give those applications a try.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
I remember doing this in iTunes and just had the chance to look. It seems you can only combined tracks when you're importing a CD. Just select all the tracks you'd like to combine and select Advanced-Join CD Tracks. But since your tracks are over 15 CDs, this won't completely solve the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks