What's new

itunes / ipod skip occurence...why? (1 Viewer)

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
When ever I copy a new cd to my itunes library on my pc, then transfer it to one of my ipods, it seems one or more tracks always has an annoying audio skip (no sound) for alike a second or so....what causes this situation?

Anyone else have this problem? :crazy:

I just added the new rascall flatts cd to my libray and I 'll be darned, sure enough, the second trac has this issue too. :angry:

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
What bitrate are you using? Are you using Apple Lossless? Does the original CD have the skip? Does the skip occur at the same spot in each track?

CJ

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
Highest...
YES...
NO, pristine out of the wrapper, brand new...
No ...I tend to think this is an occurrence related to PC hardware demand, like another program need resources, etc.?

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
This happened when ripping on my old PC. I think it wasn't fast enough to rip and encode correctly, so I got skips. Re-ripping on my new Mac corrects the problem. I've also had similar problems with a few CDs that just didn't rip well

Is this a new or old problem? What's your computer specs? Can you quit all secondary applications and rip / encode then? Does it happen if you use e.g. 128 bit AAC encoding?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks