iTunes Gift Certificates

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by MarkHastings, Aug 24, 2004.

1. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

I was going to purchase a gift certificate (for my brother) from iTunes, but there is one part of the explanation that confuses me. What does this mean?[​IMG]

Has anyone bought one of these before? It almost sounds like if I purchase the gift certificate, that it can only be used with my account? Since my brother has a different account, can he use it???? and if he can use it from his account, what does the previous statement mean?

2. Ken Chan

Ken Chan Producer

Funny, I bought one for my brother too. Back in January (was it this year or last? How long has iTMS been open?) Anyway, it worked fine. He has a different email address and account. So unless they've changed it since, it's just confusing small print....

3. Greg_R

Greg_R Screenwriter

Greg
    There are different iTunes stores in different countries. I think this disclaimer means that you can't use an itunes.uk certificate on the U.S. site (likely to do with the CD licensing agreements).

4. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

Oh, I guess that would make sense about the licensing agreements in different countries (sort of like a region coding)

Thanks