What's new

iTunes 7.7 and App Store is live! (1 Viewer)

Michael_K_Sr

Screenwriter
Real Name
MichaelK
I'm pretty sure I could guess why the 2.0 firmware wasn't made available beforehand...Apple was concerned that first gen users would be so satisfied with the update that they might resist upgrading to a 3G phone immediately.

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
iPod Toucher here.

Not getting store busy anymore, but BUY NOW upgrade link goes nowhere now.

"Dear XX_customer_xx,

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulty when attempting to purchase the iPhone 2.0 Software. I know how this can be concerning and I am happy to investigate this matter with you.

The iTunes Store was unable to process this type of request due to a high volume on the Store. Please note, it may take multiple attempts to purchase this item.

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. If the issue persists, just reply to this email and Apple will investigate. You are a valued iTunes customer.

Sincerely,

Steve
iTunes Store Customer Support"

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Yeah well they arent getting my $10. I had enough of screwing around with it and downloaded it from their own servers without activation. I can sleep at night.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

$10 for what?

is that what itouch users have to pay?

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
I'd buy that theory, but ultimately the number of phones they can sell in 24 hours (especially with the mandated in store activation) is a drop in the bucket.

I think it was a marathon death march trying to fix the last bugs before the deadline.

Look at Apple's competition: Blackberry Bold & other models, Andriod, etc. all delayed. This stuff is not easy folks. And Apple is doing it first, best and on schedule.

So yeah, they should have released 2.0 a week early, but it wasn't ready.

Look at the MobileMe disaster -- they were working to the last second and beyond it.

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
Playing with 2.0 touch now! Direct download of app was cool.

ps. the install process took more than 8 hours on my 16GB, as it wipes everything, and then re-syncs. Where's firewire when you need it.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten

Officially yes. I don't steal media or software, EVER. But I couldnt wait and now I have the firmware without going through their store wrapper. Will see how that goes.

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
It's password blocked.

Pay your $10 - servers are all clear now.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Anyone finding there phone a little less responsive (slow) after the upgrading? I am really having trouble typing e-mails or messages.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
david are you catching up with your subscribed threads?

I've noticed a slow response to keypad presses.
usually it's almost intant but sometimes, it now takes a few seconds to catch up to what i pressed.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David

Yeah, a bit. I was up way too late watching the MLB All-star game and thought it would make for some good HTF time, but I had been meaning to ask about this problem. It doesn't seem to be all of time, just most of the time and it is as you describe,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks