What's new

Apple TV+ iTunes 4K Upgrades Thread (3 Viewers)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
While I have a decent amount of digital purchases via iTunes I do not see myself moving away from disc anytime soon. Currently I live in an area with fast internet speeds but I really would love to move out of California. Depending on where I move could have a huge impact on the ability to stream 4K. I still dislike the idea of the ability to access my content being tied to the ability to have internet.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
While I have a decent amount of digital purchases via iTunes I do not see myself moving away from disc anytime soon. Currently I live in an area with fast internet speeds but I really would love to move out of California. Depending on where I move could have a huge impact on the ability to stream 4K. I still dislike the idea of the ability to access my content being tied to the ability to have internet.
Understood, but a discussion topic for a more appropriate thread as this thread is about alerting iTunes 4K upgrades or issues with 4K digitals on iTunes

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

Not sure what your (realistic) options are or will be, but I certainly wouldn't want to live anywhere where I can't get good, reliable, fast enough internet service in general, NVM for 4K streaming. I mean... 4K streaming really doesn't require quite that fast service anyway -- a reliable 100Mbps downstream should likely be serviceable enough IMHO (and none of the current services seem to peak higher than say ~50Mbps w/ ~30Mbps avg... and much lower for the lesser services like NetFlix, HBO Max, Amazon).

Of course, sometimes, the options could be too limited I guess...

Anyhoo...

_Man_

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
And…..which part of this post is about a 4K upgrade?:D

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The Mummy (1932) has upgraded to 4K/Dolby Vision. The Bride of Frankenstein is still in HD, but I expect that to upgrade in the very near future.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks