What's new

Apple TV+ iTunes 4K Upgrades Thread (6 Viewers)

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
My Star Trek VI has reverted back to HD on iTunes. Anybody else have the same issue?

Wonder if it has something to do with the included Dir cut?

Interesting that the Director's cut is still in 4K without any HDR.
I think they are working on Star Trek 6 to get both cuts up to 4K and HDR. You’ll notice they’ve already fixed ST:TMP so that both cuts are HDR now. A few days ago the theatrical cut of TMP (the one that was an “extra” with the director’s cut was missing HDR).

Last edited:

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Depending on how I take a look at ST VI (iTunes movies app or Apple TV app), it’s either HD or 4k. The Director’s Cut is 4k in both.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Q: Have any Shout Factory HD digital releases ever been upgraded to 4K?

For instance, wondering how likely the currently on-sale Death on the Nile (1978) HD digital (apparently newly offered by SF, essentially, seemingly replacing the old Paramount? digital) might eventually get upgraded to 4K (for free), if Paramount eventually gets to that (like they've done for various other titles... some of which haven't gotten 4K disc releases so far).

_Man_

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Poltergeist upgraded a day early. It’s the new listing, no idea if the old one that’s no longer available upgraded or not. Hopefully it will go on sale soon as I’m dying to buy it.

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Poltergeist upgraded a day early. It’s the new listing, no idea it the old one that’s no longer available upgraded or not. Hopefully it will go on sale soon as I’m dying to buy it.
Both, my old HD digitals of The Lost Boys and Poltergeist have upgraded to 4K/Dolby Vision.

Jeff F.

Second Unit
My HD digital of “Poltergeist,” which I purchased directly from iTunes a couple of years ago, has not upgraded to 4K yet. I’ll check again on Tuesday.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Q: Have any Shout Factory HD digital releases ever been upgraded to 4K?

For instance, wondering how likely the currently on-sale Death on the Nile (1978) HD digital (apparently newly offered by SF, essentially, seemingly replacing the old Paramount? digital) might eventually get upgraded to 4K (for free), if Paramount eventually gets to that (like they've done for various other titles... some of which haven't gotten 4K disc releases so far).

_Man_

Guess not then... :P

_Man_

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Just noticed Vudu is apparently selling The Bride of Frankenstein in 4K (for ~$15) now, but iTunes not yet(?).

Wasn't sure where to mention this since it's not really a deal nor an actual iTunes 4K upgrade (yet?), but figured if it's not just some Vudu mistake/error, then we can probably anticipate the iTunes upgrade before another $5 deal for it (although Halloween is not that far off now and that might bring another sale/deal for this title)...

_Man_

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Just noticed Vudu is apparently selling The Bride of Frankenstein in 4K (for ~$15) now, but iTunes not yet(?).

Wasn't sure where to mention this since it's not really a deal nor an actual iTunes 4K upgrade (yet?), but figured if it's not just some Vudu mistake/error, then we can probably anticipate the iTunes upgrade before another $5 deal for it (although Halloween is not that far off now and that might bring another sale/deal for this title)...

_Man_
I bought this title on iTunes last September for$4.99.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Also, ST the Motion Picture director’s cut in 4K/ Dolby Vision and Atmos while the theatrical cut listed as an extra is in 4K/Dolby Vision.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks