What's new

Apple TV+ iTunes 4K Upgrades Thread (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Toxic moments. have become the norm on HTF. It's hard to find when someone is kidding.
This type of comment bothers me because our moderating staff tries their best to prevent such a posting environment. This comment makes me feel like we're not doing our job. Please, report such behavior so we can correct it.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Toxic moments. have become the norm on HTF. It's hard to find when someone is kidding.

I am concerned about comments such as that as well.

It may seem like I am being biased towards my own site, but the moderating team does an excellent job of keeping the discussion civil here. If there is an altercation, all the member needs to do is to report it and the post is taken care of.

Of course, without having the ability to read facial expressions while reading a post, it is often impossible to learn if someone is making a joke or being sarcastic. However, again, everyone who runs this forum takes a considerable amount of pride in the fact that the atmosphere here remains friendly and welcoming.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
This type of comment bothers me because our moderating staff tries their best to prevent such a posting environment. This comment makes me feel like we're not doing our job. Please, report such behavior so we can correct it.
I’m on here a lot and “toxic” moments are definitely not the norm. You guys do a great job moderating and the very few instances are dealt with immediately. Interpretation of text can be difficult for some and lead to confusion.

I would only say to those easily offended…this line from the classic film Stripes…”Lighten up Francis!”;)

Britton

Screenwriter
One thing I also hope is that the style of the subtitles for the Italian dialogue GF I and II are corrected. The previous version had subs that were beautifully designed, and the 4K digital versions have generic player generated subs.

As for the mods, you guys are doing a bang up job. This is my favorite online forum because the discussion is civil, even when there are disagreements. I think I "got into it" with Robert a few years ago over the 2001 UHD and although we disagreed, that's all it ever was, a disagreement that never got remotely close to the dumpster fire stuff you see on other forums, especially the one named after a certain physical media that we all love even if we've dialed back our purchases (this is after all, an iTunes thread). :)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
So I haven’t checked yet but is G2 still only playable wit( the voiceover?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
If anyone is interested, The Godfather Coda: The Death of Michael Corleone, now has all three cuts of the movie, and yes all 3 now play back in 4K with HDR.
It's strange that Coda plays back in Dolby Vision while the other two cuts are in HDR.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Anyway...

The new 4K version of Ordinary People is a massive improvement. The old one looked awful. As in, it looked like an upscale from the original non-anamorphic DVD.

Last edited:

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Is there a typical timeframe when films update to 4k? I’m curious about Singin in the rain updating specifically.

The disc release date is 4/26.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Is there a typical timeframe when films update to 4k? I’m curious about Singin in the rain updating specifically.

The disc release date is 4/26.
Assuming Warner doesn’t pull a fast one by having the 4K be a completely separate iTunes listing, the upgrade usually occurs on the same day as the disc release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks