What's new

Apple TV+ iTunes 4K Upgrades Thread (1 Viewer)

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I thought I posted a movie poster, but it didn't take. Anyhow, I named the title in my previous post.
You should have just made us guess what it was! :D It’s one I don’t have on digital because I bought the (as yet unwatched) Blu-ray from the UK back in 2013. I guess that’s not good enough anymore.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
You should have just made us guess what it was! :D It’s one I don’t have on digital because I bought the (as yet unwatched) Blu-ray from the UK back in 2013. I guess that’s not good enough anymore.
I watched my 2015 Blu-ray back on July 28th and the 4K/Dolby Vision digital I watched tonight puts it to shame. Next year is it's 60 year anniversary, so who knows if Paramount is planning anything. Paramount has been confusing with which titles are released on 4K disc or even 4K digital. There doesn't seem to be any pattern except that they've been upgrading their HD digitals of catalog titles to 4K at pretty high rate, especially in comparison to the other major studios.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I think my point that was missed is that as the UK version is upgraded it’s possible the States version might as well eventually.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I think my point that was missed is that as the UK version is upgraded it’s possible the States version might as well eventually.
I think the Criterion 4K licensing of Citizen Kane on disc will probably prevent the US from getting 4K on digital. At least for a few years. Hope I’m wrong.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I think the Criterion 4K licensing of Citizen Kane on disc will probably prevent the US from getting 4K on digital. At least for a few years. Hope I’m wrong.
Fortunately, we were wrong as my HD digital has upgraded to 4K/Dolby Vision.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Citizen Kane has upgraded to 4K/Dolby Vision in the US iTunes.
Yup, I was going through CheapCharts and noticed that Citizen Kane was on sale for $9.99. However, it was the HD digital, but when I clicked on it I noticed my HD digital upgraded to 4K/Dolby Vision. I verified it by firing up my ATV unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks