What's new

It's... (1 Viewer)

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Kevin, there are seven sets that comprise the entire original series. Each set has two DVDs.
A&E also sells "The Life of Python", a 2-disc set which includes documentaries & tributes along with one of the German episodes. And just a few weeks ago, they released "Monty Python Live!", another 2-disc set which has "Live at the Hollywood Bowl", "Live at Aspen" (a retrospective interview), and the other German episode.
------------------
Too many DVDs, too little time...
AFI 100 Challenge - 36 to go!

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
It's...
...the most annoying topic header ever.
-Dave
------------------
DVD List
"The page you are looking for is here no more. Quoth the Raven, 'Nevermore.'"

Marshall Brewton

Auditioning
Actually, the most noticable item missing from the DVD collection is a section of "BBC TV trailers" from the tail-end episode #38 which included "Dad's Pooves." Why they removed them, I know not. Other than that, the DVD collection is nearly perfect.
And I picked-up upon the thread topic instantly. :)

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
I figured this would be about the Live! release.
Worth getting because the German episode is hilarious and Hollywood Bowl is a great concert.
However, Hollywood Bowl print looks like it's on death's door. Maybe I'm glad they at least got it onto DVD before the print dissolves totally. :)
The Aspen show is fun enough although I had already seen it several times. The best-of episode is a tad unneeded except in some full collectionist attitude.
But if Bowl and the German episode had been on 1 DVD I would have just bought that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steve Latshaw
Recent bookmarks