What's new

It's unfortunate that a backward network like Fox (1 Viewer)

has the rights to both the World Series of Baseball and the NFL Super Bowl. The fact that these people can't even provide us with true HDTV for the premier events is a crying shame. The useless 480p and worse broadcasting they provide shows the true disdain these people have for the viewing public. Too bad a more 'advanced' network doesn't have the rights to these things. It should't be allowed to happen but, I don't see how we can have any say in the matter, at least nothing that can help in the short term. BUMMER :thumbsdown:

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Let me snap my fingers and *POOF*

The Superbowl will be on ABC in January 2003... and it will be in HDTV... along with some NBA, some hockey, and Monday Night Football in 2003.

Because I said so.

D. Scott MacDonald

Supporting Actor
This is ironic because it was after the super bowl two years ago that I decided that I would never, ever going to watch another super bowl in standard def. Not long after the game, I spent almost two thousand dollars for a new HDTV receiver, antennae, installation, etc., when they switched to Fox and I had to settle for 480p (which technically isn't standard def, but it was quit a let down). Anyway, this year I will finally watch it in hi def.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I'd like ABC to get naseball and football rights too! There's nothing I watch on that POS network that I would care about getting preempted!

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Except it wouldn't get pre-empted, but delayed, which is hell on setting the VCRs and Replays (especially on Sunday night, when there's umpty-dozen things I want to see).

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Yeah, send baseball and all sports over to ABC, ever since 9/11 my reception on ABC which used to be on the WTC has been crappy but except for Alias, I don't watch anything on ABC. When baseball goes over to ABC, the Simpsons wont have an excuse to be delayed til November. I want my Simpsons!!!
When football is on Fox, Futurama is 90% preempted on the east coast and the Simpsons would most always be delayed til November. (including this year's halloween special). :angry:
I can live watching football in not-so-perfect reception and I don't watch baseball at all.
Jay

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Almost all Sunday football games are over by 9.
Only during the World Series, when ESPN does not carry a Sunday night game. As a non-baseball fan, I watched a movie last night since there was no ESPN night football game.

Also, the Super Bowl was not "switched" to Fox last year. The NFL's television contract has always rotated the Super Bowl amongst the different NFL networks. Last year, it was Faux's turn, this season it goes to ABC, and next season CBS gets the big game.

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
When football is on Fox, Futurama is 90% preempted on the east coast and the Simpsons would most always be delayed til November. (including this year's halloween special).
Last I heard, Futurama is 100% preempted. But of course you're talking about the cause of that.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Well, not 100%. I'm pretty sure my family members in Portland, ME will get to see "Futurama" every week, but that's more due to them getting "FOXNET" on cable as opposed to having an actual Fox station in the area.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks