What's new

It's time for a DAZED AND CONFUSED SE !!! (1 Viewer)

Steve Elias

Stunt Coordinator
This movie captures a fair amount of my high school experience. I wish I could get my hands on a better transfer. Maybe some day...

I watched the first episode of CSI:Miami only to be haunted by the "Speed" charater. Finally, it dawned on me: Speed is/was the long haired pot head from Dazed and Confused.

-Steve

Matt Harrison

Stunt Coordinator
Count me in aswell. I will gladly re buy this gem.

" Man, it's the same bullshit they tried to pull in my day. If it ain't that piece of paper, there's some other choice they're gonna try and make for you. You gotta do what Randall Pink Floyd wants to do man. Let me tell you this, the older you do get the more rules they're gonna try to get you to follow. You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N. "

Todd_B

Second Unit
This movie is a gem and I would proudly snatch up a nice SE or anamorphic re-release. :emoji_thumbsup:
Take this and "The Stoned Age" and you have one helluva great double feature
..remember Universal: "it's about the quality not quantity"..
Todd B

luke_ha

Stunt Coordinator
Most definately needed. Not a better summer vacation movie out there. I am sure eventually they will realize the money that could be made with an SE.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
If Universal was going to re-release D&C as a SE, they just missed their biggest opportunity for cross-promotion when Linklater's School of Rock came out on DVD a week ago.

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
Universal has a very poor and inconsistent track record of re-releasing their terrible first generation DVDs, however there is hope, after all, Field of Dreams is finally being properly re-released.

With that in mind, I would very much LOVE to own a nice 16x9 version of this film.

Does anyone know what scenes were in the 25 minute longer bootleg cut?

Marshall Alsup

Second Unit
Thats what I love about them high school girls, I get older... they stay the saaaaaame age

Love this flick! We really need a SE.

-Marshall

Sorry, had to get in on the quote fest. This movie is almost as quotable as The Big Lebowski.

LorenzoL

Second Unit
Real Name
Lorenzo
I wasn't too crazy about it seeing on the theatres nor renting on tape when it first came out. My reasons being that first of all I didn't grew up in the 70's nor was particularly interested in watching a movie about people getting high.

Then I caught the movie on TV one night and boy, was I wrong. D&C is one of my favorite movies now and I would definitely buy an SE DVD.

Also did anyone read the GQ article about the making of this movie. It gave an insight of how the movie came about, the casting (Ashley Judd was up for one of the roles, can't remember what role she auditioned for but she was one of the finalist but obviously did not get the part), the shenanigans between the actors during filming and how this movie became so popular once it was released on video.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Parker Posey performance is one of my favorite things in this delightful movie. I laugh out loud when she yells at the freshmen girls during the hazing scene.

I've heard that the LD PCM audio absolutely KILLS the DD on the DVD, so I didn't rebuy the DVD. The Laser is great.

Tony Kwong

Supporting Actor
The LD PCM is pretty good on this disc. At first I thought it was a 5.1 track, but ended up just being prologic! I was quite shocked how good this sounded in 2ch and Pro Logic mode!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks