What's new

It's the first Tuesday of November! (Duration of waiting in line?) (1 Viewer)

mark alan

Supporting Actor
in line (along with a lot of other people) at 20 to seven.

I would ask that all people supporting the wrong candidate to please forget where your polling place is.:D

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
Did you vote today? If you did go, how was your specific polling place? Busy? Dead? How long did you have to wait in line, if at all?

At 7:00 am there were some Richmond, VA area polling places that already had a 15% registered voter turnout. People are waiting in line 15-50 minutes to vote. I've never seen it like this before. :eek:

Kenneth

Supporting Actor
I waited in line for 40 minutes when I got to the poll at 07:00 when it opened. Remember the classic election motto,"Vote Early and Vote Often". :p)

Kenneth

shaniceMW

Stunt Coordinator
voter turnout is ridiculous as hell in maryland. people are parked in the streets. i'm probably going to leave my car home and walk to the voting poll. maybe about three miles but it will actually be faster to walk then to try to drive. geesh.

Todd_B

Second Unit
Went and exericed my right this morning
thumbsup.gif

Only took about 10 minutes..

Todd B

Chris

Senior HTF Member
quote:voter turnout is ridiculous as hell in maryland. people are parked in the streets. i'm probably going to leave my car home and walk to the voting poll. maybe about three miles but it will actually be faster to walk then to try to drive. geesh.

Not political, just humorous good note: it's good to see the high turnout in states where the election was already decided a few years ago.. here in KS, we've had more voter registrations then ever before, and yep, they tend to fit in with the normal expectations of Kansas handing over it's EVs as it has in the past.. but it's funny in some ways to see so many (R) so motivated in Kansas.. when the race here was over before many of them were born.

Point being: no matter where you live, or how your vote adds to your state tally, you should get out and make the effort :)

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
The polling station for my district is my house, I'll go vote later today.

It's fairly busy right now but that is nothing new for my district as people like to vote early before work.

Scott Thomas

Second Unit
To all those who voted today, How long did you have to wait in line before you got to vote?

I only waited Half-hour.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> it's good to see the high turnout in states where the election was already decided a few years ago

I assume you're talking about the Presidential race, but I'm sure the voters in Maryland want to vote on all the other things on the ballot.

In Philadelphia they already found 2000 votes on the machines before the polls opened. Hmmm...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks