its that time of year again....

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by ollie_k, Nov 25, 2002.

1. ollie_k

ollie_k Stunt Coordinator

OK, now that its getting close to christmas, I have been mandated by my wife to come up with gift ideas from her to me. Here is my quandry: I already made a list of the typical stuff for relatives and family...dvds, clothes, a couple of tools, etc. I'm finding it very hard to come up with something more personal from her, somebody help me! What the hell do I want for Christmas????!!!!
    HEHE, naturally I am a tech geek so I already have a ton of computer crap (dont need anymore thanks), a ton of tools, and then when I come up with no answer for her I get the usual "Must be nice to already have everything!"
    Well, I do secretly pine away for more expensive items, but thats crazy, I dont want her blowing huge bucks on me. (We have done that in the past). I would love to upgrade the home theatre reciever, or get a multi device remote,but that stuff is well over a hundred bucks, and not a great gift coming from her. Last year I got a gift certifcate for a cooking demo/class and we went and had fun.
    Anybody else have gift ideas? Something clever? unique? more personal ?( get your mind out of the gutter! [​IMG])

2. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
  3. KyleS

KyleS Screenwriter

Neil hit it right on the nose.. [​IMG]
    Oh wait you said under $100.. Neil and I must have been on the same page and thinking that you meant over $100,000 our bad [​IMG]
    Seriously what about a family gift like a weekend getaway, or a few DVD's, or you could go for the old standbye of Sexual favors for a week or 2. [​IMG]
    KyleS

4. ollie_k

Uhhh, can I get a movie screen to fit that as well???
    How about a 3rd mortgage?? Can Lucas come over and play?
    [​IMG] thanks for the idea..but, lets see here *checks pocket*..
    a dime, some lint, and chapstick..not gonna do it.
    P.S. Sexual favors are always a good "stocking stuffer"
    ahem...
    Weekend getaway, that is a good idea, but can more on the pricey side..

5. JasenP

JasenP Screenwriter

Jasen
    How 'bout a local weekend getaway. You are in Chicago, just hit one of the 'burbs and stay at a bed and breakfast.

Depending on your spending habits, I'm sure you could come close to your $100 budget.

6. ollie_k

Jasen, I am in the burbs actually, a quiet bed and breakfast type town already, St. Charles
    [​IMG]
    Actually, going to a b n b in say...Saugatuck Michigan sounds even better (my folks have a house there)

7. JasenP

JasenP Screenwriter

Jasen
    Ollie,
    Saugatuck is a great town, you should have a lot of fun and be able to relax.
    And shame on you for saying you live in Chicago, that's like me saying I'm from Detroit. [​IMG]

8. ollie_k

Jasen, thats my standard answer when people ask where I'm from [​IMG] If I answer St Charles, they say "HUH? wheres that?"
    Which of course has to be followed by, A suburb west of chicago.

9. KyleS

KyleS Screenwriter

You could always take a short road trip to Nappanee Indiana (About 2 hours or less from Chicago) and stay at the Old Buffalo Inn. Its a nice Bed and Breakfast 40 minutes out of South Bend and there is plenty to do in South Bend/Mishawaka. Thats where I stay every time I go to our sister production facility in Wakarusa & Elkhart Indiana. The weekend would run you right at $100 or so would be my guess.

KyleS