What's new

It's Snowing Here (1 Viewer)

Michael*K

Screenwriter
Woo-hoo...first snow of the season! Glad I didn't put off raking the leaves in the yard until tomorrow. :) Hopefully we won't get too much though...snowthrower is still in service. :frowning:

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
That's cool man, I can't wait to see the DC area get some snow myself. I started to listen to my Christmas cd a couple of days ago but it's just not the same w/o snow.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Daniel Swartz

Second Unit
We got a couple of inches on Friday night and are suppose to get a few more tomorrow. Time to put on the snow tires!

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Meanwhile I've been cruising around town on my dogsled for the last month

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
No snow here in Delaware yet, but it rained like the dickens all day yesterday, and it was very windy to boot. Maybe we'll see some snow here in December.
Michael Hein,
How was the one day of summer in Edmonton this year? ;)

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
Oh man, I can't wait for some white stuff to visit Baltimore, but I doubt we'll get much since the farmer's almanac is apparently predicting a lot. It does this every single frickin' year and we only get real big snow every five years.

Michael*K

Screenwriter
I think we got about two inches, but just this once I'm hoping it will melt quickly. I need clean the leaves out of my gutters. Don't need any ice dams this winter.

StephenA

Screenwriter
I have yet to clean up the leaves this year, because the leaves were slow falling. Plus it's been raining alot the past month and a half, and the snow only puts this back even further. Makes me mad that I can't get it done earlier.

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Damn. It snowed here a little a week and a half ago and now it's supposed to get up to 60 degrees today. Freakin' Kansas weather!

Michael*K

Screenwriter
I have yet to clean up the leaves this year, because the leaves were slow falling.
I was thinking the same thing. As I raked leaves yesterday afternoon, I recalled that when I was a kid the leaves seemed to fall a lot earlier. I remember piles of raked leaves throughout the neighborhood when I used to go trick or treating. How the leaves are still on the trees at Halloween. Maybe there's something to this global warming thing after all. :frowning:

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Had snow here for a month too. Now it's a few above freezing now. Those damn chinooks are annoying...half the population in Calgary get chinook-induced migraines, and then you have to drive on skating rinks the next day because of the 30 degree C change in temperature within 24 hours.
Calgary sucks. I wish the economy was better in Edmonton, otherwise I'd be there now. :angry:

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I feel ya max. We get em too.
then the next week we get the alberta clippers that'll dump heavy amounts of snow.
lesson: nothing good comes from canada
weather wise, anyway
:D

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
My backyard is covered with leaves. This happened over the last week. I left for a business trip to Seattle last Saturday, and no leave had fallen at that point. When I got home Thursday night, the backyard was covered. A few leaves were still on the trees, but the hard rain and strong winds all day yesterday and last night took care of them. What a mess out there now. :frowning:
Those of you worried about "ice dams" or leaves clogging your gutters really ought to get gutter guards installed. I had them installed on the back of the house last year, where a few trees hang over the gutters, and they are great. They aren't too expensive, and they save you from having to clean the gutters or pay someone to do it.

Steve Adams

Second Unit
Well, last weekend, when i was moose hunting in central newfoundland, there was over a foot of snow in the woods. we pretty well had the truck in 4wd all the time. it's gone now but snowing as we speak. COME ON WITH IT, my ZR 700 is itching to get lashed upon again for another season....:emoji_thumbsup: :D

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
Montreal also had a few centimeters (what the heck is an inch? :D ). That didn't prevent thousands of football fans from going to the Olympic Stadium to watch the Alouettes clinch the Eastern title!
This week Toronto, next week Edmonton and the Grey Cup! YEEEAAAH! :emoji_thumbsup:

matthew_rm

Second Unit
Real Name
Real name
Moose huting hey? Last winter there was a moose in my Garage!! I live IN the city.

It's been snowing here since October 12th or something like that. I can't wait until it get's to be -42! Funny, my 15 year old car still starts! (If plugged in)

A couple weeks ago, driving to school, the roads were so bad, in 4th gear at 15 KPH, just tapping the gas the tires spun to about 80 KPH. Mabey more. That's with a 1.3L civic!

Steve Adams

Second Unit
It's one of the few things my dad and I can get to do together these days, with work, and crap like that we dont see much of each other anymore. hopefully the dual benz's will help!:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks