What's new

It's ok to be jealous, right? (1 Viewer)

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
...and remember, for a long time, it held (still holds?) the record for the best handling car available. It has 280hp and weighs much less than anything else in that bracket. Firebird? I don't think so. Big and clunky. NSX is an precise instrument.
I believe the corvette holds that title now.
corvette skidpad ~1.1
NSX skidpad ~.93 (that's being generous)
Link Removed
the track numbers are lackluster to say the least compared to modern cars. The skyline GTR has a higher skidpad at .94-.95

John Spencer

Supporting Actor
Boy, I'm so glad I waited to get another car until someone told me what is actually cool. :rolleyes
And no, John, it's not ok to be jealous.
By the way, which one of our stool-sample friends is it? :D

Bill Balcziak

Supporting Actor
Being cool is all about looks then.
Hardly, JT. If you have to drive an NSX to be cool, then you're not cool at all. The car may look nice, but it doesn't make the driver anything other than some schlub with money. The truly, genuinely cool people know that. They don't give a shit what they drive, because they aren't defined by their car. They're just as cool in a Corolla as they are in a Cobra.

And further--truly, genuinely cool people don't give a shit what you think. And that's very cool.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
the only thing i'm trippin' on is the fact that he called it a "used honda". yikes!
that is an absolutely nice ride...
i would be totally jealous, but in a "you go bro!" kind of way! :emoji_thumbsup:

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
Now that's cool.
eh, it's amazing how fast I lost all interest in cars once I got into bikes. Hell I can buy a different bike every year and lose very little $ on each sale (or sometimes make $) and live with my 5 year old beat up altima just fine :)
the re-sale on most bikes is sooo much better than cars it's sickening
though I'd KILL for a clean, low miles BMW 850. One of my all time favorite cars. Looking a little dated now though :frowning:
my step mom picked up a new 540 a little while ago, I need to go visit and beg for a test spin maybe :)

Natalie M

Stunt Coordinator
The NSX does nothing for me, personally Id rather have the original mini or a TR6. The new mini isnt too bad either.
Im not jealous ;)

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
While we're on the subject of sweet used cars, check this piece out.
1993 BMW 850Ci

-Black
-Tan leather
-Flagship Pioneer CD player plus 10" sub!
-18" 5-spoke James Bond wheels!
-After market dual exhaust w/ chrome tips
-V12
-124,000 miles
only $20,000 !!!
There's gotta be a catch. Man, if I had 20k, I'd pick this one up. I wonder why 850s sell for so little?

Natalie M

Stunt Coordinator
Honestly, I like the bodystyle but that's about it. Bmw's usually dont catch my eye.

Sorry, just my opinion.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
the sad thing is that car was close to, or even over 100 grand new.
I watched a video once on the development process, from concept, to interior design, to final testing on the car, it really is an amazing vehicle. One of the tests was to leave a black one sitting in death valley, idling with the AC on for several hours without moving to make sure it could never overheat, they tested the chassis on a simulation of a race course (on a computer controlled test stand type of thingy) to abuse the crap out of it. they ran from nearly sea level up some mountain in california and back. all kinds of cool stuff :)
anyway, that one is cheap because it has 124k miles on it, and repairs cost much more than a fortune :eek: 20k is actually kind of high for a 93, price varies from about 14k-30k depending, it really varies a LOT. Edmunds says 24k, but that's a lot of miles.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
I think there's been a miscommunication somewhere down the wire here. My friend has always wanted one of these - and he's not doing it to 'be cool' or however you want to phrase it. He likes the car because of its horsepower, handling and yes even its looks. He's not trying to impress anyone with a car, he's simply getting it to enjoy for himself.

Ot each his own, that's why there's so many choices of automobiles out there. However, this is a car that I would like to own as well. The 'jealous' bit is a bit strong, it was merely thrown in for levity. Sure, I'd like to have a car like that but I don't begrudge him for having it when I don't. I'm genuinely happy for him if that's what he wants.

Natalie M

Stunt Coordinator
I agree with you on that John, as long as he is happy, thats what matters. I dont find anything wrong with being envious, as long as it doesnt go to extremes, which is what sometimes happens, depending on the person of course.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Wasn't there a problem with the 850ci's, some of them had serious problems with the manufacturing of the pistons or something??? I vaguely recall something along that lines or so, or maybe it was a different engine.
Hell, you can get 23-25 year old Ferrari 308/328 GTSs for the low to mid $30ks depending on condition, however, how would one affort the maintanence....
NSX, nice car,handles well until it breaks loose like many mid-engined cars...
Me, I'd love to have a Lotus Elise if they were imported and not rumored to have Lotus "quality" ;)
Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks