1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

It's Official! Third Cleveland Area and Ohio HTF Meet! Everyone Welcome!

Discussion in 'Home Theater Forum Meets' started by George_W_K, Jul 8, 2004.

1. Dre J

Dre J Stunt Coordinator

Hey guys,

I was up that way visiting in-laws over Christmas. In Cleveland off I-90. I always stop in Strongsville to get gas on the way home as well.

Hope your holidays went well.

Dre

2. George_W_K

George_W_K Screenwriter

George
    Scott and Kip are centrally located....(hint) (hint).[​IMG]

3. Kip*D

Kip*D Agent

I got the hint--I will have one but not yet I am almost done with my room.

I read about the new BenQ PE7700 HD2+ $3300 street price

I might be able to swing that in a few months--it isn't going to be out until March and I would like to see a few reviews.

If I have a meet you need to strap your boat anchor ie PB2+ to the roof of your car and bring it down [​IMG]

4. George_W_K

George_W_K Screenwriter

George
    Hey guys, how've you all been? Having fun this winter?

Just wanted to mention that I made an upgrade. I bought an Infocus 4805. It took care of a lot of things that bothered me about the X1. I'm very pleased. I was thinking of getting something with higher res, but I don't know if I'd be satisfied until I had 1920 X 1080. We'll see when HD-DVD comes out if I can wait for that though![​IMG] [​IMG] But, anyway since I didn't spend too much, I won't mind upgrading sooner than later.

Umm, Go Cavs!
    George

5. Kip*D

Kip*D Agent

Hey George,

No upgrades yet, I am still trying to finish up my basement while working on other home projects. How do you like the 4805 compared to the Scott's 8700? Its obviously a step up from the X1.

Kip

6. George_W_K

George_W_K Screenwriter

George
    Hey Kip! Speaking of projects, I need to tackle the bathroom because that was one of the conditions of me buying the 4805.[​IMG]

I'm not sure how I'd compare the 4805 to Scott's since it's been a long time since I saw it. All I remember is that I really liked it. I liked how it was native 16:9, the black level was nice, the light was very uniform, and the extra resolution was nice. I was actually considering an HD2+ projector, but I still don't have HD and I don't plan on getting cable or satelite any time soon. So, I figured I'd save the money and wait until I could use the higher res down the road.

So, for my situation, this thing is awesome! I can't believe how much better it looks than the X1. I thought I had a nice picture with that.

Talk to you later,
    George

7. Kip*D

Kip*D Agent

I already have an HD ready tv so when I buy a projector it will be an HD2+ or DC3 chip. I am waiting for Direct TV to add more HD channels. They are moving to MPEG-4 video soon so I will wait until then to buy new toys.
    I have aleady done 1 bathroom project and I know the other will come soon. Right now it is an office/computer room project.
    I did get a Denon 1910 dvd player for Christmas. It is a big improvement over my Pioneer. Much better color saturation and overall better picture.

Kip

8. LaMarcus

LaMarcus Screenwriter

LaMarcus
    George you may want to get a higher res projector because of the HD DVD players availible. It only coverts it to hd res, but the picture is still amazing. It improved my black levels big time!!!!

9. RobertRich

RobertRich Extra

Thought I'd look into and restart this thread again.....wish I'd been there in August, but work kept me away. I hope everyone is having a great late winter. Any plans for another get together this year?

Like the rest of you guys, I've been making upgrades to my system. Soundwise, I invested in a Denon 2910 universal player. Great player for the price. I just bought and am waiting for a Samsung 50" DLP RPTV (HL-P5063W) to replace my Sammy 30" widescreen. Decided that 12' was too far away to watch a 30" screen. Planning on moving to separates for sound--looking at the Emotiva "Ultra-Lite" pre-pro and amp combo, coming out in another month or two. Not at all bad for a system set up in my family room! now if only I could convince the wife not to wash clothes when I'm watching a movie.....

10. Kip*D

Kip*D Agent

Hey George,

When are we going to see pics of the new 4805 in action?

Kip

11. George_W_K

George_W_K Screenwriter

George
    Hi Rob, good to hear about the upgrades! And I have to laugh WITH you about the laundry thing, I used to go through the same thing![​IMG]

As for a meet, I'm always ready to hang out you guys and listen to movies and music at ridiculous volumes!

Kip,

I've been too lazy to take some new pics, I guess I'd better get on it!

Geo

12. Mike Wladyka

Mike Wladyka Supporting Actor

Yeah, I am down for another meet too...we just need to set a date and a place. Maybe April 16th?

13. George_W_K

George_W_K Screenwriter

George
    Mike, I meant to ask you if you saw Seinfeld when he came here to Cleveland?

I'll see about the date, but so far it looks good to me? Anybody else want to chime in?

14. RobertRich

RobertRich Extra

4/16 sounds good to me.

15. George_W_K

George_W_K Screenwriter

George
    If nobody else decides to host, I'll do it again. But, be sure to let me know so I can get my house straightened up![​IMG]

16. Alan Pummill

Alan Pummill Screenwriter

George,

I need to make a road trip. Can I come!! Maybe Mike can come with!!

BTW, I have forwarded an e-mail to you to explain why one of our "former" members has not been posting for a while!! Seems jealousy is stronger than friendship!!

Keep me posted!!

Alan

17. Mike Wladyka

George, no I didn't see Seinfeld when he came to cleveland. I saw him last summer in columbus, though.

Well, I would host but since I live in an apartment right now, I don't think it would be the best thing for me to do.

Although, I am looking at getting a house or condo within the next couple of months.

It looks like 4/16 may be the day.

18. George_W_K

George_W_K Screenwriter

George
    Well, I'll host this next one then. Not a problem. I'll host them all if I have to. Like I said, it's a lot of fun to hang around you guys, talking about our hobby and playing around with HT stuff, no matter where it is.

I guess I'd better get another Screenshot contest ready![​IMG]

I'll start another thread soon.

Alan, I sent you a PM!

George

19. Mike Wladyka

Cool George...have you talked to ferdinand lately? how is his trucking going?

In other news, I am going looking at some condos tonite...should be fun.

20. George_W_K

George_W_K Screenwriter

George
    Hey guys,

Mike, how did the condo shopping go? Sticking to the same neighborhood? As for Ferdinand, I haven't heard anything from him for a long time. I know Chris has seen him at work. Not sure what he's been up to.

I'm about to start the new thread. I'll post the link.

See ya!
    George