What's new

It's Official! Third Cleveland Area and Ohio HTF Meet! Everyone Welcome! (1 Viewer)

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Yes, I am dead. However, since I love this forum so much I will still visit it.:D

Seriously though, I usually read the replies in the e-mail notification unless I have time to reply. So, I didn't see half of what you said. Did you edit it, because the e-mails usually contain all of the post? Of course I can stop by with my camera. I can't wait to hear that new center of yours.

Alan, nice to hear from you! Why did you ignore the invitation to come to our meet?! Good idea on the house if the neighborhood is going. I can't wait to see what you have in store for you next HT room!

As for the pics of the meet, I'll probably get to them today after I take a nap! There aren't as many as I thought, but it'll have to do! :D

Ferdinand*T

Second Unit
I made some edits but nothing major that I could remember.

Cool well let me know when and what time is good for you. We can do it tonight at 10:00p.m.. Anytime tomorrow. Friday except the evening. Not sure what time on Saturday. Keep me updated.

If you'd let me I could come by tonight if your tired and pick up the camera and give to you tomorrow. I'm heading out around 7:30 so I check back before than to see if you replied or just give me a call.

EDIT

New pictures of my theater, click the link in the sig.. Thanks again George for letting use your camera.

Alan Pummill

Screenwriter
George,

Sorry about missing out on the meet...we had a death in the family....my mother-in-law....in Kentucky. She passed away on July 29, and I have been in KY every weekend since....my wife is still down there. Closing up the house, packing things and what not. My wife is the sole survivor.

I really want to see/hear your Martin-Logans and Ferdinands B&W's!! After we move, I WILL have a meet, and expect you both to come down!!

Ferdinand*T

Second Unit
Dang it! Hey George why isn't this sig pic working? I'm using photobucket like you are. Its within the size limit and I have my photobucket album public. Any idea?

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Hey guys,

I posted the pics up in a Recap Thread. This is the link to it.

I hope you like the way it turned out.

Alan,

Sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. Please pass on my condolences to your wife.

I'd like to get you down here sometime in the future and I really would like to hear those Maggies of yours. And to see that amp in person!

Ferdinand,

Did you copy and paste the link to your photo? That's how I do it. All of my shot addresses have % signs in them and yours doesn't appear to have them.

Talk to you all later,
George

Chris Brock

Second Unit
hi! I just happend to catch this the link in a sig and I thought that I would check it out. I live in and grew up in East Liverpool Ohio. We are about 1.5 hours south of Cleveland. i would definitly be interested in being involved in the next meet!! There is also another fellow here in East Liverpool named Colin Goddard who is a member here and I am going to send this link to him as well. one thing is for sure, I would have loved to see those projectors!! We are in the process of building a house and a projector will probbely be my first new piece of equipment in the new place. Ill be sure to check back in.

Chris

Mike Wladyka

Supporting Actor
Howdy Chris, nice to have you aboard.

Colin actually posted in this thread about the last meet....post #12, IIRC

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Hello Chris,

Nice to see ya. I'd be up for another mini meet if you want to come down here. Is Colin's school job finished yet? Oops, I used to do that in the Cincinnatti thread too, come UP here. :rolleyes

George

Colin Goddard

Stunt Coordinator
Almost done with da school,

Phew, I'm tired. How did the meet go?? I really feel I missed out on something special!! I haven't talked to Chris Brock for a while, between work and family my spare time has been limited. But my relaxing time is here on this forum. Thanks for the invite again. Try to make it next time!!!

Colin

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Colin, you can check out the recap thread I linked to a few posts up. The meet was definitely a lot of fun, but as I said, there will be more so you hopefully you can make the next one. We all understand priorities and college for your daughter is more important than our hobby. As hard as that it to admit.:D

When is the school supposed to be done, doesn't school start for the kids next week?

Ferdinand*T

Second Unit
Chris and Colin,

Hope to see you guys at the next meet! This recent one was a blast!

George,

You should use one of the new pics for your signature. The one where we're all standing and you were sitting. You know the group photo. That one looks alot cooler.

Guys,

What DVD's are you using as demo's to show off your theaters? I'm trying to pick a top 10 so when people come over I can do a real demo for them. I usually just throw in Matrix and thats about it. I'm trying to expand my options and choose the best of the best. Also what are some cool trailers to demo? I have six films so far that are in for sure, here they are:

Matrix: Reloaded
Open Range
Titan A.E.
Blade 2
LOTR: FOTR EE
Gladiator DTS
Saving Private Ryan DTS (When I find it.)

Trailers:
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
The Forgotten (What DVD is this on?)
THX DVD (When ever I get a blank DVD)
-------------------------------------------------------
Here are some I'm considering:

Freddy vs. Jason
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (New one.)
Terminator 3
Equilibrium (First chapter, gunfight in the dark.)
Finding Nemo
Lion King
Underworld (Maybe, need to watch it again.)
The Haunting DTS
Toy Story 2
Final Destination 2
Jurassic Park DTS

Mike Wladyka

Supporting Actor
Well, I watched master and commander last night...it was a decent movie, but some of the cannons shots are awesome.

Demo Movies that I use, let's see....

LOTR: FOTR -- Balrog Scene
Matrix -- Lobby Scene, Helicopter Gun Scene
Matrix Reloaded -- Highway Chase Scene
Matrix Revolutions -- Machine Speaking, APU Scenes
U 571 -- Depth Charge Scene
Master and Commander (new to the list) -- Cannons Scene
T3 -- car chase

That is all I can come up with right now...

Chris Brock

Second Unit
Hmm, I would definitly have to say.........

FOTR - Balrog scene
T3 - Car Chase
Episode 1 - Battle at the end of the movie
Gladiator - Opening battle

Though I essentially do not have a working HT at the moment it will be coming togather very soon ;) If anyone would be interested in a demo of an IB sub setup let me know!! You can check the DIY forum for details

Ferdinand*T

Second Unit
I want to pickup Saving Private Ryan DTS but I haven't seen it in the few stores I went to. I know its oop but it shouldn't be that hard to find. So the search will continue. I definitely want to add this one to the list.

Also want to pick up The Haunting DTS, how hard it is one to find? Am I going to have trouble?

George I got Photobucket to work. I was right it was the stupid mark in my username. So I signed up for a free account at Hotmail so I could register again and change it.

Ferdinand*T

Second Unit
I made a thread on the FS/TDE software forum For SPR DTS and The Haunting DTS but no one offered. No biggie I went to Best Buy and was able to find The Haunting DTS for $12. Then I called a good deal of "The Exchange" stores and located SPR DTS. Its being shipped to the North Olmsted store so I can go pick it up. They said hopefully today if not Monday. I double checked with them to make sure it was the DTS so we'll see. The lady sounded like she knew what I was talking about.

Also I finally got a job and today will be my first day. Its a decent enough job to get some bills paid and be able to put money aside. I will now be working at CompUSA out in North Olmsted. Wish me luck!

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George

Hmmmmmmmmmmm........I don't know..............I sorta like a little bit of bass....................ummm, hell yeah, I'd be interested! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks