What's new

It's official, that 'king' mascot for Burger King is pure evil! (1 Viewer)

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

That would be the American College of Satanists' Board of Excellence - TV Division. :D

The BK King is a new level of psychotic evil I haven't seen since the Quizno monkey... things. Is it the hot new thing to hire stoned out, brain damaged drug addicts to design your ad campaign or is it just me?

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Have you seen the newest commercial? Just saw it last night, it pushes the whole 'demented BK horror creature' to a new level. Here's how the 30 sec spot goes:

Guy is in his sleepwear in the morning, dog is barking at the door. He walks over and opens the door, looks out. The king is standing about 50 ft away down the street (in plain view) holding the sandwich. The dude turns away for a second, then turns back and the king is 'magically' about 2 ft away on his porch. King offers the sandwich and the ad goes into it's omlette-death-sandwich-whatever speil. At the end of the ad, the king is lying on the ground in the dude's front room, dog licking the king's face, while the dude laughs semi-hysterically in slo-mo. There is the sound a of police or tornado siren at the very end. Pretty friggin' unsettling.

My wife hates the king, I love it. We had that ad Tivoed so we watched it like 4-5 times in a row. I'm pretty sure the intent is that the king is supposed to disturb you a little bit, maybe more than a little? I have no idea how they figure this will help them sell sandwiches...

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
"Wake up with the King".........(slowly opens eyes...looks around...psycho music begins playing).....NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Alex-C

Screenwriter
I agree. The King escaped from a mental institution but grabbed some mode of charred mammal flesh before he escaped and showed up outside this dude's window to tempt him...he is pure and simple: evil.

Notice how he never talks or emotes. freeeeky

Insert comment here.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
OMG, that is pretty strange. They should bring back the original Marvelous Magical Burger King (who was a real guy, not a mask) with his song:

I'm the marvelous magical Burger King,
I can do most anything!
I make magic and burgers and fries,
And here's something new right before your eyes!
(Cut to footage of some cheap plastic toy you can get with a kids' meal at Burger King)
Food and fun for ev-er-y-one! Burger King- yay!

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
Hey burgur king! Can you make me a shake?

(pwang!) Kid turns into a shake.

Anyone else remember that? Talk about creepy!

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
If you want him to appear, stare into the mirror and say "Burger King" 5 times.

When I see the Burger King, I'm reminded of the music video for Bob Dylan's "Jokerman"...To be specific, the "Molotovs, cocktails and rocks behind every curtain" lyric, which is visualized by a strangely-animated face smiling. You know, this image...

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

I fear that the Burger King might put a special sauce on whatever he's selling.

StephenA

Screenwriter
For some reason I think of Jack The Ripper when I see the new Burger King King. I remember the cartoon King from the early and mid '80s. I think he was even on those paper crowns that Burger King offers. Do they still have the paper crowns? I haven't been there in so long that they might have stopped it by now.

Trevor Harveaux

Stunt Coordinator
Burger Kings new marketing team is brilliant. If nothing else it has all of you talking about Burger King and their tasty burgers. Mmmm... Plus I think their office ads as funny as well. Very well done series of ads all around. Gets people talking.

The king surely has a creepiness to him. I like him, but then I loved the Quiznoz guys, but that might have been because I was already a fan of those guys and found it funny that anyone would use them for an ad. Plus the original "we love the moon" song is so catchy that I had on my iPod long before the Quiznoz ad had come out.
http://www.rathergood.com/moon_song/

I read someplace that the new king was based on a head off of the old Burger King helium canisters used for filling up balloons. :) They just modified it a little bit and fixed the mouth (where the balloon would be filled). Funny stuff. I remember those.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Yes, I guess they do certaintly have us talking, however I won't be eating at their restaraunts any more frequently than I always have. These commercials, to me, aren't saying "come eat at our restaruant", they're saying "look at our new mascot, isn't he scary?". :)

Matt Stieg

Stunt Coordinator

I agree. At the very least these commercials are way better than those lame, generic, annoying McDonald's "I'm lovin' it" commericals. Especially that marching band one, I HATE that commercial.

Ric Bagoly

Senior HTF Member
Don't know about anyone else, but if some weirdo showed up at my window out of nowhere, holding a sandwich and not saying a word, I'd be on the phone with the police and loading my shotgun...

Blu

Screenwriter
Is there a link up somewhere that has the Evil King in bed with the guy who is just waking up?

I told a friend about that ad and he had never seen it and didn't believe me!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks