What's new

Its' official! SPIDERMAN SUPERBIT DVD (1 Viewer)

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
Damn - for a moment, I thought the title of this thread was:

"Superman Superbit DVD"

I just about fell out of my chair.

dannyB

Stunt Coordinator
The question is will the 3-disc DE include the "superbitted" Spiderman? Or are these two completely seperate deals?

And I'm not getting hopes up until they officially say its coming to R1.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
How about the Spiderman teaser that had the Twin Towers in it? Do you think we'll ever see that again?

Eric Chang

Stunt Coordinator
I'm looking forward to this "mysterious" 3-disc set. I wonder what could be on that 3rd disc? Can we assume that the first two discs will contain the same extras as the edition that is out now (maybe with the Tobey Maguire commentary...)?

Mark-C

Stunt Coordinator
I also read the title as Superman Superbit at first glance, I think it's because I'm used to eading Spiderman as Spider-Man.

Sven Lorenz

Supporting Actor

There was no UK edition of Spider-Man that included the Stan Lee DVD - so this new edition will probably just be the normal 2-DVD-Set plus the Stan Lee DVD.

I'm happy that they're doing a SuperBit Edition and not a new edition with new extras in R1 - this way there's no reason to "upgrade".

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
That would never happen, because Superman is owned by Warner Brothers.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I would not assume anything about the 3 disc delux edition.. it could have all new stuff on it.. like the MIB dvd.. they released a bunch of releases for that one.. It could have a free ticket to watch spidey 2. perhaps the tobey maguire commentary, the teaser and the first trailer? and the rest is all new stuff.

JACOB

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
It will suck if they put out a single-disc Superbit AND a 3-disc set with a bunch of cool extras, but the same picture and soundtrack. I think I'd probably choose the Superbit, though, because I'm not completely satisfied with the picture and sound quality of the current release and I'm sure the Superbit would correct that(especially with a DTS track). I'd also be willing to bet that the 3-disc set will have some kind of preview or promo piece for Spiderman 2 on it.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Even though I am a Superbit supporter and do notice a difference with them on my set-up, unless they are actually doing a new transfer for Spider-Man, I wouldn't expect Superbit to fix any of the main problems with it.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Gee, I hope the 3-disc doesn't repeat any of the two-discer since I already own that. This may be my first double dip! :O

The film's good, but I was a bit disappointed. I decided to buy the first release since this was one of my most anticipated movies and followed every bit of news about it. But if this release captures all the frenzy and excitement with its extras, then what the heck?

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
So what I see is:

A. Maguire / Simmons Commentary on the Superbit.

B. Dunst / Raimi Commentary on the 3-disc SE.

C. At least ONE consumer who won't be buying either.

Tacky move, if it's me you're asking.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

But then the Spidey SB will have an audio commentary. :confused: Frankly, I've always thought the Superbit concept was a silly gimmick, so it doesn't bug me that they're being hypocritical. Nonetheless, it seems bizarre to cite the absence of "multiple audio streams" and "value-added content" in a press release for a DVD with both!

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
sounds like JJJ will do most of the talking and cutting PP off all the time like in the comics and movie

:D

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
This commentary should be the same one that aired as a DVD-ROM exclusive about a year or so ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks