What's new

Its' official! SPIDERMAN SUPERBIT DVD (1 Viewer)

ty_diaz

Agent
Sorry if this has been posted before:

DVD Debate has a tidbit claiming that "Columbia Tristar have stated that they will be releasing two new editions of Sam Raimi's excellent superhero movie Spider-Man, as well a releasing the superb new animated series that is currently being shown on TV. May 24th will see the release of a mysterious 'Spider-Man' DE 3-Disc collection and a 'Spider-Man' Superbit edition; where-as April 5th will be the date of release of the very popular animated series in a 2-disc set (hopefully with the same DTS audio and anamorphic transfer of the excellent region 1 package."

Eric F

Screenwriter
I don't understand much of your post.

Which animated series do you mean? The MTV animated series was released last month. Are you talking about the 90's series from Fox which has been released in bits and pieces?

Which animated series was released in DTS and widescreen enhanced?

ty_diaz

Agent
There's the 67's animated series that are being released in a box set, perhaps that's the one.

Eric F

Screenwriter
Yes, I see you posted it verbatim. The 1960's series won't fit on 2 DVDs, and it certainly won't be widescreen.

The Superbit edition is interesting- I wonder if it will be the same as the R4 version.

CraigL

Screenwriter
FYI..this is for Region 2...not 1. But one can assume the same for here.

And R2/3 have had the Superbit for quite some time now.

ty_diaz

Agent
Spiderman on superbit would be awesome.
Perhaps some hope for more superbit releases later in the year (?)

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz
Wasn't the R3 Spider-Man Superbit a letdown, picture-wise? I'd have to do some internet searching, but I recall reading that there was minimal PQ enhancement, and it just ended up enhancing the already existant EE. Hopefully the inevitable R1 Superbit won't be a direct port (which I'm sure it will be) if this was true.

EDIT:
Found this at totaldvd.net:

"So it is really a bit of a mixed bag from Columbia, the source material is clean and without any damage, but the picture fails to add any real improvement over the already available release and still contains many of the problems associated with the earlier DVD versions. There is a slight improvement with detail and sharpness, but certainly nothing to get excited about."

more at http://www.totaldvd.net/cgi-bin/dvdr...reviewid=10031

Darren Haycock

Second Unit
Ugh, unless any of these are new cuts I'm gonna pass. There are plenty of releases out there that have Dolby Digital, DTS, Commentaries, and excellent picture quality. Three different versions of Spider-Man on DVD??Columbia Tristar can go jump in a lake...

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
This is not official until it's announced for Region 1.

I'm sure it will be, but just making a point. There has been no press release.

Kenny Goldin

Second Unit
I have never seen Spider Man. (YIKES!) and have kept holding off for a Superbit edition. Hopefully it comes out before the release of the sequal.

ChrisYK

Stunt Coordinator

I had harsher words in mind, but I'll go with that.
I wish studios would be more consistent in how they let the public know what is being released (like the fine job New Line did with the LOTR DVDs).

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Or even C/TS with their release schedule of Black Hawk Down and Panic Room. They said from the beginning that the initial release would be followed by an SE later. Of course, from a business standpoint it's better to get people to double dip, but it's still infuriating. Even worse with Spider-man because I felt (and I don't think I'm the only one) that C/TS intentionally futzed the video quality on the initial release to justify a Superbit later.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
SPider-man is one of the few movies where its just fine as is.. no need for extra footage. I heard there was not much cut from the film.
I am also curious about the 3 disc deluxe edition. I wonder if it will have the toby maguire commentary that was on the dvd-rom site back in 2002.

JACOB

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks