It's Official.. 90210 and Melrose Place hit DVD Nov 7th!!!

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Aryn Leroux, Jul 22, 2006.

1. Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux Screenwriter

That's Right Paramount has made the official announcements for both shows this morning with November 7th being the street date for both sets. Coverart and extras (if any) will be forthcoming. Head on over to tvshowsondvd.com for the complete details. Great News Indeed!!!

2. ethanTo

ethanTo Stunt Coordinator

Hooray!

Anyone know, will the PILOT episode be included on Season set 1? (It was previously released to DVD, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who didn't want just a pilot of a show.) If not, time to go buy it!

That, and Twin Peaks S2 in the same announcement, exciting!

3. RoryR

RoryR Stunt Coordinator

Isn't it being released under the CBS brand name?

I hope they have extras.

4. Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge Cinematographer

The Beverly Hills sets I've been waiting for but Melrose Place wasn't that great of a series to me. It just seemed like a cheap spin off with good old Jack Wagner.

Bring me Shannon Dougherty. [​IMG]

5. John*D

John*D Second Unit

Extras?

6. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Shannen Doherty, Mark. [​IMG]

And Jack Wagner didn't show up in Melrose Place until a couple of years in. His character was okay, but he certainly wasn't the reason I tuned in.

I personally loved Melrose Place more than 90210, but both were great. I've been waiting for these sets, and loved to post that news this morning! Bring on Models, Inc.! [​IMG]

7. Andrew Radke

Andrew Radke Screenwriter

Andrew Radke
    I loved both of these shows, so naturally I'll be getting both. A new station here in Canada (TVtropolis) started running 90210 eps early last month which was a real treat since it'd been years since I'd seen the show. But it will be great to finally own these sets.

Same goes for Melrose. That's going to be a huge set with 8 discs and all. They'll be fun as hell to watch. Melrose and 90210 are the kind of shows I can sit and watch for hours on end. Can't wait.

8. Xenia Stathakopoulou

Xenia Stathakopoulou Cinematographer

Count me in as another person who likes to know if the pilot is included.

9. Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux Screenwriter

Yea the news really made my day!! ... Been waiting so long for these. Hopefully the music will be intact (i hear it is in R2) i have a good feeling it will be. These are not going to have any trouble selling that is for sure. Hopefully they will have a quick release pattern like macgyver/charmed did.

Between all the continuing tv series releases and the new ones i have been waiting for, between Aug-Nov i think i have a tv set to buy just about every week, and a few times 2 or 3 in a week in that time frame. I count 21 sets to buy in that time. Thats all i really buy anymore is TV sets it seems.

10. Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux Screenwriter

The announcement lists all 22 first season episodes. If that is the case the pilot would be included as with that S1 = 22 episodes.

11. JonathanBB

JonathanBB Stunt Coordinator

Great news! I have been recording the episodes onto DVD from TV Tropolis. Hopefully there will be bonus features.

12. Jay_B!

Jay_B! Screenwriter

oh god.... I guess there goes any chances of seeing 2-7 of Melrose on DVD [​IMG] I wonder if Paramount realizes that the addition of Amanda is where the show really begins to most people, or if now us Melrose fans are screwed much like Dynasty and Night Court fans are, just because the first seasons of the show weren't yet the shows we loved.

13. Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux Screenwriter

Not a chance we will get screwed here. Season 1 will sell like hotcakes as will all the seasons of both these series. Nothing at all to even slightly be concerned about them ever abandoning these [​IMG]

14. Jay_B!

Jay_B! Screenwriter

you never know, look at how Dynasty has been abandoned because of no Alexis, Amanda was to MP what Alexis was to Dynasty, and Paramount has shown that they can suck in terms of abandoning series, look at how they abandoned Happy Days (and all it's spawn), Taxi, 7th Heaven (a WB series nonetheless... WB shows usuallly do well on DVD) and so forth.

Paramount should've done the original plan, similar to Baywatch. Release 1 and 2 (which is where the show really becomes what it becomes) on the same day, much like they are releasing season 3 of Baywatch the same day as season 2, 3 being when Pamela Anderson comes in.

15. Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux Screenwriter

I guess maybe you never know. But these two shows have been two of the most wanted forever 90210 #1 and melrose like #12 or something. I don't think dynasty or happy days were ever in top 100 most wanted. I dont dynasty has been abandoned either. Fox lost the rights, paramount has them and i think they will release S2 in 2007. Happy Days may just be a case as not enough fans around today that are still into the show. I dunno.

16. Jay_B!

Jay_B! Screenwriter

I hope you're right. I am not a 90210 fan but I love Melrose. I'll definately pick up season 1 even tho I'm not a fan to show Paramount that I am here and I want all seven sets

17. Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley Producer

A couple of things: I'm very grateful that our patience has paid off and that we're getting these two shows. However, do you think it's dumb to release them both on the same day? They'd end up competing with each other. What they should have done was release 90210 first, with some kind of paper insert in there that advertises "Buy Melrose Place season one-available in two weeks" or some such. That, and they could have had a video preview of MP. I say this because 90210 remains the more popular of the two and I think what will happen is that everyone's gonna be able to afford 90210 on the first day, and then they may or may not get around to buying MP at some further date. And let's face it--MP only had Heather Locklear for 3 eps in that first season, and I don't think Marcia Cross had started either. The first season cast was vastly different from the more familiar 2nd and 3rd season casts. Just my opinion on that.

As for the pilot of 90210, I can guarantee it'll be in the set. However, I hope they give us the complete pilot, not the weirdly edited versions shown on tv. When the show premiered, it was a 90 minute show. In syndication, it was two hours with several minutes ADDED. However, the syndication prints seem to CUT a couple of other scenes. I taped, and still have, the original 90 minute pilot in 1990 and there is a scene with Brenda and Kelly talking on the phone that doesn't seem to show in syndication. Does anybody have the "pilot" dvd that came out? Is this scene in it?

18. Jay_B!

Jay_B! Screenwriter

not every 90210 fan wants Melrose, and vice versa, so I disagree with your predictions. I am getting Melrose as soon as it comes out, with no intentions at all to buy 90210, so I don't think they're directly competing that much. Yes, Melrose was a spinoff of sorts but totally different fanbases for the two series.

19. Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge Cinematographer

Yeah, I think I started watching BH90210 from the beginning and MP, to me, just seemed like another soap opera type drama series like Dynasty and General Hospital. Then, again, I think BH was tuned more into most fans because of those of us who were younger back then, going to High School, who could relate to the issues that the show dealt with.

20. Jay_B!

Jay_B! Screenwriter

^ the reason people loved Melrose so much was because of that.. it was trash. It was the 90's Dynasty, and that's a good thing to some of us