Its Like, You Know....

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Jamie Middleton, Feb 27, 2005.

1. Jamie Middleton

Jamie Middleton Stunt Coordinator

Does anyone else out there think that this show would make a great DVD release for Dreamworks? I mean come on the show was awesome! To bad ABC opted for 67 nights of milionaire instead of nurturing this show into the hit it could have been. i mean peter melman is a genious!

2. RossRoc

RossRoc Extra

i enjoyed this show and would pick up the dvd if it was released.

3. Tory

Tory -The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-

Tory
    I'd buy it and I hate that it was cancelled.

4. Jamie Middleton

i just broke out my old worn out VHS tape of the second season of this show and I swear I have been laughing since I turned it on. Dreamworks COME ON !!!!!

5. Clay_E

Clay_E Stunt Coordinator

Considering that Seinfeld is doing such boffo business on DVD, it's possible that this series could do well if promoted as from one of the creators of Seinfeld, or some such thing...I'd buy it!

6. Jamie Middleton

ok ive been doing a little research on this show and as far as I can tell Dreamworks still owns the rights to the show. I wonder if there is anyway of finding out if they still do. And also....does dreamworks release their own television sets? or do they go thru a third party studio to distribute them? Thanks for any help!

7. Gregory V

Gregory V Stunt Coordinator

I saw a couple of episodes of this show and thought it was kind of clever. I think that any network that keeps two guys a girl and a pizza place and dumps something clever like this show, which could have been a hit if given a chance, should have a complete shake up in its management. There were two shows I just never could see any reason for..Two guys and a pizza place and A Different World.... Their existence just made no sense.

8. Eric_Bee

Eric_Bee Stunt Coordinator

I thought "It's Like, You Know" did a great job of being "Seinfeld L.A." or "Seinfeld West Coast." Bring on a DVD

9. JohnAP

JohnAP Second Unit

I heard a lot of good things about this show, but by that time, I think it was already gone. I'd give it a look if it came out on dvd.

10. Joshua Lane

Joshua Lane Second Unit

Universal distributes Dreamworks' properties on DVD, so they'd likely be the ones to handle it. Unless Dreamworks sells the rights to a third party like Shout Factory.

11. Tory

Tory -The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-

Tory

Funny, I always took Two Guys a Girl and a Pizza Girl like It's Like, You Know, both clever great series cancelled by a stupid network ignorant to what people really want. If you dislike 2GAG&APP you have not seen it properly, there may have been a sour episode or two but most were brilliant especially the silent one and any time Robert Goulay appeared.

12. Jamie Middleton

im so glad to see some of you people remember this show and agree with me that it would make a great dvd release. Jennifer Grey was hot in this show lol and i mean come on aj langer ive been in love with her ever since my so called life.

13. Derek Miner

Derek Miner Screenwriter

I think the best chance of this coming out would be to get Shout! to do the set. They had good success with Freaks & Geeks and are doing Dreamworks' Undeclared as well. Perhaps Shout! would be able to get this ready to go with the next wave of Seinfeld DVDs?

Oh, and I agree... loved this show!! I have a good number of episodes on tape. I'll have to dig them up and check out which ones I'm missing.

14. Jamie Middleton

i wonder how one would go about bringing it to shout and dreamworks attention that there is still alot of fans for this show, i mean to me it only seems logical to release it seeing as how seinfeld has been so successful, they could do a tie in with it and people would buy the dvd thats never seen the show just to see what it was. My VHS tapes are just about worn out lol

15. john mcfadden

john mcfadden Stunt Coordinator

As far as Two Guys and a Girl goes i was lucky enough to get the entire series run on DVD from Ebay really good quality for 20 bucks !!! My wife and i had a marathon of these and loved them !! I always HATED "Friends" but i loved 2g&ag because of the cast ..Ryan Reynolds is brilliant!!!.... with amazing comic timing and should star opposite Jason Lee in a film at some point !! Anyway.. one of the better series that was cancelled . Sucky thing was they made a main character pregnant that would have been a really funny series arc and then cancelled it . Thats why i hate network suits

16. Jamie Middleton

gosh i want this show!!!!!!!!!! the more time that goes by the more i yearn for this show to be released on dvd.

17. nikkif99uk

nikkif99uk Supporting Actor

I would love to see this show on dvd, don't suppose there has been any developments on it