What's new

It's here!!! (Hitachi 43UWX10B) (1 Viewer)

Christo

Agent
The day has finally arrived
I picked up my Hitachi 43UWX10B yesterday.
I was really nervous after reading about all the problems some people have had, but my fears were unfounded. After removing all the packaging, sliding it into place and powering it up; I was in widescreen HD heaven!! :D
Cable looks great, DVD's look incredible, and my Xbox kept me up until 3:30 AM.
I've only done some calibrations by "eye" (lowered brightness/contrast, sharpness, etc) also ran the Magic Focus. I'll run AVIA over the weekend to finish it off.
I see no signs of "the greenies", convergence is tight, and the set just looks awesome out of the box.
Sound is much better than I thought it would be. Good simulated surround & plenty of punch.
I got a GREAT deal on it ($1749.00 including tax & 4 year extended warranty) and I'm VERY happy with my purchase. I couldn't recommend this TV enough.
Christo

David WS

Stunt Coordinator
Congrats Christo! I've been loving my Hitachi also. Question for you. Did you use a HiDef pack for your Xbox? I hooked my Xbox to my 43uwx10b using a HiDef pack I got a Sears for 17 bucks! The picture is not what I expected. I went in a changed the settings in the Xbox settings for 480P and Widescreen. I've calibrated my Set using VE and the PQ is not very good on Madden 2002. The edges of the players have a lot of noise and the picture seems worse than it did on my old Sony 32". I'm using the VERY cheap component cables that came with the HiDef Pack and I'm wondering if that is the problem. How's your picture look?

Glad to hear you didn't have the smashed mirror problem I did. My replacement is awesome with DVD and my LDs look pretty darn good too.

Dave

Christo

Agent
David,
I'm definitely using the HD Pack. But I know what you're saying about jagged edges and things withcertaingames. I have NFL Fever and see more jaggies that I did on my 27 Zenith Inteq. But the on the other hand, DOA3 and Halo lookSOmuch better then they did before. So the few jaggies I get (until game developers start to impliment Full Screen AA) are fine by me, as long as my other games keep looking as good as they do :D
I have a set of Monster Component cables and even with the few jagged edges I see, the overall picture quality is definitely improved. Much brighter, cleaner, better textures, etc. than before. The cables that come with the HD Pack are pretty crappy.
I was worried about something breaking while driving it home, plus I had an thunderstorm looming as I had it in the back of my friends pickup truck. It was well wrapped in a plastic tarp. The last thing I wanted was for it to get showered on. But it all worked out in the end :emoji_thumbsup:
Have you done the manual convergence??
How do you have PIP setup??
Thanks fellow 43UWX10B owner ;)
Christo

David WS

Stunt Coordinator
OK, I'm glad you have some of the same issues I have whith sports games. And yes Halo does look awesome. I suppose it's because it has a much darker look. I'm still going to replace the cheap xbox component cables but I've not had a chance to do it yet.

I did get into the manual convergence and did a little tweeking after using the set for 3 days. The convergence is pretty simple,if you have the correct instructions. I can send you a good PDF I found about the steps to take if you want. It really helped the PQ with just a little work. I used one set of instructions that didn't include the final steps to reinitialize the magic focus. When I was done, the magic focus didn't work! I was totally freaked. I then found out how to reset the set, it involved removing the speaker cover and getting into the set to push a tiny little button. NOT what I wanted to do the first week I owned the TV. In my search for the fix, I found the complete convergence instructions.

Let me know if you want the pdf.

Dave

Christo

Agent
Sweet!
Sure, you can Email it to me.
I'm going to give it lots of play time this weekend (DVD's ,Xbox, etc) So I'll dive into the manual convergence early next week.
Thanks alot
Christo

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks