What's new

It's freezing in here.. (1 Viewer)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
It's so cold, that I no longer put in those reusable icepacks to keep my Snapple cold anymore. It's like working in a refridgerator. We get issued these lab coats which are for ESD and static discharge purposes but I wear one (sometimes even two) just to keep warm in here.. It's insane! It's not just me, almost everybody I talk to says it's cold. I've even gone to wearing thin gloves my hands get cold... Need to bring a portable heater except that would blow out all the fuses in the cheap cubicle powerstrips which will blow out power supplies if anything more than 10watts are run off them!!!
Jay
------------------
HUGBEES! Link Removed
Rider in the 2001 Alaska AIDS Vaccine Ride
Wanna Link Removed

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
Put on a hat...it will keep you warmer than a sweater. Or maybe you're just getting cold flashes.
wink.gif

I work in a manufacturing environment. The production crews are predominantly older women. It's amazing how many complaints you hear about the room temperature. One woman will complain that it's too hot. Then without any changes to the thermostat she'll come in and complain that it's too cold. We just chalk it up as "the change" and never touch the thermostat when we hear complaints like this.
------------------
Bill
biggrin.gif

mickey31.gif

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Ever stood in a -10 degree freezer all day? Brother, that there is umm...chilly. It's when the fans kick in that it gets cold.
Bruce
------------------
mstprev.gif

Welcome aboard the Satellite of Love

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Maybe I'll join you Bruce, then compared to your place, my cubicle would actually feel warm for a change. At this point, I don't bother trying to wear something nice to go to work cause I know the minute I walk into my cube, my lab coat goes on and all people can see are my feet. Funny thing is, that the girls who wear skirts really look like they're naked underneath cause all you see are little bit of shins and their shoes... :)
Jay
------------------
HUGBEES! Link Removed
Rider in the 2001 Alaska AIDS Vaccine Ride
Wanna Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks