What's new

It's done, ya hooooo, Pics (1 Viewer)

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
I have now completed the theater that I started on around last March. Its great to have it done!!
Link Removed
Wes
[Edited last by Wes on November 12, 2001 at 05:41 AM]

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Congratulations on the completion of your great theatre. I dodn't geta chance to check the dimensions of your DIY screen. There are some pics that wer kind of dark but other than that, I can see that it wa a job well done.
------------------
Link Removed
------------------
My Favourite DVD's

Scott Page

Stunt Coordinator
I got a chance to visit Wes's theater in person. Man you should see his art work on the ceiling of moon, planets, and stars! Very nice indeed. It's a quality construction job. Very nicely laid out theater too.
Scott Page
PS - Wes, if you are reading; got one of my two Tempest sonosubs completed. Finally, I've got some SERIOUS bass now. At 25hz the doors sound like they are going to come off their hinges! You've got to visit for a demo.

NathanP

Supporting Actor
AWESOME.
How does the 6.1 sound?
I read in a previous thread that you were gonna do 10.2. Did you make that happen?
If so, how does it sound?
Nathan
------------------
"Um, ER, uh, No, it's not a bedroom HT, I just love it so much, I sleep in it."
"Way to go Dallas!!!"

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Wes, nice set-up. One question I have is the couches. Is the back couch the same height as the front or did you raise the platform 6" or so to compensate?
**Edited**-My mistake. Page 2 shows you did raise the platform. Page one photos didn't show this. Very nice set-up. Color me jealous.
Bruce
------------------
mstprev.gif

Welcome aboard the Satellite of Love
[Edited last by Bruce Hedtke on November 12, 2001 at 06:16 PM]

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
Thanks for the replies,
Is the back couch the same height as the front or did you raise the platform 6" or so to compensate?
6"
rolleyes.gif
, What ever, This bad boy has a 8" riser!
wink.gif

Scott, just name the time and I will be over. Perhaps if your really nice I will let you test it in my theater also! :)
Wes

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
I updated my site with some lighter pics! They seemed to look good on my computer at home but here at work they were dark!
Wes
[Edited last by Wes on November 13, 2001 at 12:26 AM]

NathanP

Supporting Actor
Cool.
Prosteering.
How did you manage to do it. Or is it a secret?
Plan to market it?
Spiffy theater man!
Nathan

Matthew Todd

Second Unit
Wes, that is totally awesome! Are you running the toshiba DVD player into the projector through the s-video input or what? Is it just a 480i signal?
Matt
PS-I'd like to come up and see this gem if you'd let me :)

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
Hi Matt, I only wish this 18 year old dinosaur Panasonic projector had s-vid. I would bet back in 1984 they did not have s-vid at all. All it has is two composite inputs, Video 1 and Video 2. But really over all the picture is not that bad considering its nearly 20 years old. Darker sceens look much better than brighter sceens. And perhaps I can find an old ISF tech that can come and calibrate it for me!
wink.gif

You just name the time to come by, But now that you missed the grand opening the admission price is $7.75. And we do take discount passes so stop buy your local Credit Union.
Wes

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Nice!
Now all you need is DTS-ES Discrete 6.1 decoding (maybe an upcoming Outlaw Audio Model 950 pre-amp as a cheap start) and a constant height/variable width 2.39:1 screen (you can do it--however, not easily--by using a 16x9 paneled digital LCD or DLP projector, a Home Theater PC with image scaling software capabilities or the projector itself if it will do an anamorphic squeeze for 2.35:1 ratio DVDs, and an ISCO II anamorphic lens with some way to move the lens away while keeping the proper lens tilt and alignment when not watching 2.35:1 movies).
Dan
------------------
Stop HDCP and 5C-- Your rights are at risk!

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
and a constant height/variable width 2.39:1 screen (you can do it--however, not easily--by
using a 16x9 paneled digital LCD or DLP projector, a Home Theater PC with image scaling software
capabilities or the projector itself if it will do an anamorphic squeeze for 2.35:1 ratio DVDs, and an ISCO II
anamorphic lens with some way to move the lens away while keeping the proper lens tilt and alignment
when not watching 2.35:1 movies).
Dan
Woe, woe, woe there, I was right with you up just past the word constant. You have gone right over my head with the rest of the paragraph. I may have a theater but I'm still an idiot when it comes to projectors and video. Plus it sound expensive and this theater drained my toy fund and then some. So I might have this projector ISF tweaked but all other toys will be on hold till I just cant stand to view this one any more!
But thanks for the ideas anyway!
Wes

Lin Weiwen

Stunt Coordinator
Woooooooo....now that is one gorgeous looking home theatre! Those two subs sure must rock the place,huh? How much did you spend on all this beauty? :)

ScottFauque

Agent
Every once in a while you see a theater that you makes to stop and say 'Damn! That is nice'. From the pictures of the setup and the paintings clearly you are a talented person. Nicely done.

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
clearly you are a talented person.
Well, I did not want to be the first to say that, but now that you have!!!:cool:
No just kidding, I would not go that far! I'm afraid the pics on my site are carefully selected not to show the muffups and defects in the room. I see so many truly beautifully crafted theaters on this site that I could not even begin to do. I even went to the extent of delaying my finished photos so hopefully they would not be compared to Ron Hansons awsome dedicated theater that he posted a couple weeks ago.
Thanks again for all the nice comments! This theater is what I consider my little piece heaven down here on earth.
Wes

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks