What's new

It's college basketball time!! (1 Viewer)

Evan Case

Screenwriter
Basketball is the one major sport I don't really follow (haven't been to one game in my 3+ years here), but it's sort of nice to see that my school has kind of snuck up and become a good team all of a sudden.
Pitt's #4 in ESPN's preseason power poll (prior to this, I can't recall any time they've ever been considered a national power in basketball). Given that they'll be playing in a beautiful new arena, I think I'll actually go to a game or two this year. :)
Evan

Blu

Screenwriter
I love college basketball!
The Big 12 is going to be the most brutal conference this season.
No conference is going to be tougher to get through unscathed.
With this many talented and highly ranked teams there is the possiblity that as many as 8 could wind up in the big dance in March!
Long live the BIG XII!!!!!!!

Matt Taylor

Stunt Coordinator
23 posts and I'm the first one to mention the Kansas Jayhawks!!! I am a season ticket holder and see every game. The loss of Drew Gooden hurt but we have reloaded in full. Our starting 5 is the best in the country. The only question mark is our bench as there is a lot of unproven talent there.

Does anyone know of any good home theater shops in New Orleans? I plan to be there the last weekend in March!!!

Rock Chalk Jayhawk!!

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
Well, in my original post, I predicted a sweet sixteen finish for my Louisville Cardinals. I think I'll go for the final four now! :emoji_thumbsup:
How is everyone's team doing?

Dave Morton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I have to say that I'm extremely impressed with the Purdue Boilermakers. They are sitting at the top of the Big Ten as of today. I couldn't be happier. Seems like Gene Keady is getting back on track.

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Well up until Saturday I would have said that UConn (men) seemed to have turned a corner after a heart-breaking last-second loss at Miami, because they pulled out a gritty win over league-leading Villanova and a tough road win at St. Johns. Then they got completely blown out at home on Saturday by an awful Boston College team, so now I don't know what to think. They looked good for a while this season, then they didn't, then they did, and now they look like the worst team in America. How disappointing. :frowning:
Hey, at least the women are still the center of the college basketball world! ;)

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Well, "my" team, Arizona, is doing pretty good. I could NOT believe they lost to Stanford though, they totally screwed up there... and they have had a lot of awfully slow starts (like against Kansas), even though they've ended up winning every game but 2. I'm not too confident in their performance so far, but they sure have the ability to be the best team in the country.
I'll be interested to see how far they've slipped in the rankings this week, but I'm fairly confident they'll end up a #1 seed in March.... I have this nagging feeling they'll lose in an upset in the first or second round though, but that could just be my general negativity. :)

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I'm still waiting for Tubby Smith's team to show up. I don't know who's running this U.K. team though. :)
Seriously, I like the guy. I just don't like the way his players usually play. They're bound to screw up.
A friend of mine made this statement, and I whole-heartedly agree with him: This is one of the most wide-open races in recent college history, and there are no crap-your-pants dominant teams this year.
And what is up with Purdue? That Gene Keady is something special.

Dave Gorman

Supporting Actor
Kansas Jayhawks!!! I am a season ticket holder and see every game. The loss of Drew Gooden hurt but we have reloaded in full. Our starting 5 is the best in the country. The only question mark is our bench as there is a lot of unproven talent there.
Even as a Jayhawk fan I have to say this seems to be a fairly weak KU team. Their lack of depth is a large weakness. For example, the Arizona game. KU just didn't have sufficient depth to keep fresh bodies in the game -- they simply got worn down by a deeper, stronger Arizona team.

However, they seem to have a lot of young potentials for upcoming seasons...

Dave Morton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
watched that Kentucky vs Florida game last night and I'm not sure where Florida was. Wow did they ever get their butts whipped.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks