What's new

It's been so slow with classic movie news!! (1 Viewer)

BethHarrison

Second Unit
Real Name
Bethany Harrison
Forgot about the Forbidden Hollywood Vol 2 Collection - my most anticipated DVD release of 2007!!

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Well, Warners just made their first new announcement ..... due out January 8, 2008! Their director series 3 with The Heart Is A Lonely Hunter, The Ritz, Personal Best, Tell Me A Riddle, Payday. Can one assume the 2007 releases have all been announced?

Corey

Screenwriter

I don't think they're finished. Blade Runner can't possibly be their only catalog release. No Forbidden Hollywood, Dark Shadow Movies or nothing.

Corey

Screenwriter
Egg on my face. I can't believe all they announced was the Director's Showcase for which I'm so not interested in.

RafaelPires

Supporting Actor
Yes, it's very hard to believe we got no announcements from WB, regarding pre-1959 movies in November and December (I'll cry tomorrow was the only movie announced)...
I wonder if they are having a hard time with the sales figures or it's just an expected hiatus, just for them to come back woth tons of classic releases.

BethHarrison

Second Unit
Real Name
Bethany Harrison
There seems to be huge demand for Forbidden Hollywood, Bonnie and Clyde, The Candidate and Cool Hand Luke. Would make marketing sense to have them available for Christmas, but I guess my bank account will be glad of a break! :laugh:

Corey

Screenwriter

Well WB said they would try to have it out by the end of the year and hopefully it's true.

BethHarrison

Second Unit
Real Name
Bethany Harrison

Scuttlebutt is that Jean Harlow won't be available until early 2008. So you would expect Tracy and Powell to be released beforehand.

Richard M S

Screenwriter
My guess is that Warners is finished with new announcements of classic films releases in 2007, haven't we already seen one for January 2008?

While I quite honestly hope I am mistaken, if they add something now for November or December they already will have missed inclusion in the upcoming DVD announcements in various newspaper and magazine September "Fall Preview" issues.

CineKarine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Karine Philippot
Whenever they do come, I will be ready for those Harlow, Eleanor Powell and Sinatra sets!!! :)

Corey

Screenwriter
It wouldn't make sense just to forget about December. Why in the hell do you think Blade Runner would be the only thing people would buy?

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Any speculation as to the Spencer Tracy films that are likely to be included in the eventual Signature Collection?

(PS - This new forum format is making it confusing to read posts with the Re: thread title showing up in each response right above the text as though it were part of the post... kind of annoying.)

Charles H

Screenwriter
The last couple of pages seems a bit fixated with WB, but perhaps more dispiriting is the absence of anything approaching a classic in December from Paramount and Columbia. I'd give Fox a pass for their massive "Ford at Fox" collection and I wouldn't be surprised if they brought out Charlie Chan #4 and another wave of Film Noir (BLACK WIDOW, DANGEROUS CROSSING, DAISY KENYON) box-arted in Chan #3. But no Screen Legends, Franchise Collection, or Universal Cinema Classics, which we might rightfully expect have been abandoned? My guess is that if "Forbidden Hollywood" #2 does not show up by year's end, it would be because of print condition problems. The tv forum is doing much better with ROUTE 66, SUSPENSE #2, TALES OF TOMORROW #3, CHECKMATE, LAREDO, CIMARRON CITY, THE TALL MAN, THE RESTLESS GUN, RIVERBOAT, and MANNIX.

Corey

Screenwriter

Fox gets a pass, but Universal's record this year with classics has been unacceptable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks