What's new

It's been a very long time, but thought I'd check back in... (1 Viewer)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Hello all HTF enthusisits, I cannot even remember when the last time I posted here, but I'm sure HTF does... hahaha. Well, thought I'd check back in and see if there are any of the older folks around I used to chat with many moons ago.

I still have my dedicated HT room in the garage. 96" 1080p FP system with 7-channel surround. An old school 15" Tempest sub tuned to 17Hz and all the other fun stuff to enjoy watching films.

Life has been a roller coaster of fun but very awesome. Hope all is well with everyone and looking very forward to hearing from ya...

Tino

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Hey Ron. Wasn’t Sucker Punch at one time your favorite film? I seem to remember a popular thread you started about it. Unless I’m mistaken.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Hey Ron. Wasn’t Sucker Punch at one time your favorite film? I seem to remember a popular thread you started about it. Unless I’m mistaken.
You sir are not mistaken, it was me. I seem to still have a line from the film quoted in my posts...

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Welcome back! I'm sure some of the old farts around here *cough* @Ronald Epstein @Mike Frezon @Robert Crawford will remember you!

I thought I was an "old fart", but realised that ironically, I am a newer member than anyone else in this thread (so far) other than the nominal "Owner"... ;)

And yes I too remember Ron-P, though I can't remember if we ever chatted about anything in particular. While I still have an HT rig set up, I haven't really kept up with the latest shiny new toys. I did get a new 65" LG OLED last year, but that's only because my old Pioneer 434 finally gave up the ghost. And then got an Oppo 203 since I finally had a 4K TV. Otherwise, my speakers (all 5.1) are the same ones I got back in 2002, when I first joined here to do my research, and even the receiver is probably about 10 years old now...

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Supporter
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Hey, I like Sucker Punch too. No doubt we discussed that years ago.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Thanks for all the warm welcomes back. it's good to be back, again! hahaha...

Lots and lots of craziness for sure. Our daughter graduated CSUF Cum Laude this semester and headed off to Colorado with her fiance, my wife and I landed some really cool jobs we both absolutely love and we bought a little place in the pines, Idyllwild, CA to be exact. We have spent the last year doing a complete remodel and building out the downstairs into a Master bedroom and laundry room. She is the last house on the street and we also own the lot next door so no one can build and then it's national forest.

TheKnottyNest.jpg

I did buy a new Epson FP for the theater but other then that, it has pretty much remained the same. I still get in there as much as I can to just relax with a Vodk,a but most weekends are up the hill for now, working, which I love to do, build....

Thanks again guys and be back more as things hopefully slow down, hahaha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DVD1968
Recent bookmarks